My Origin Account was Hacked

by montanatom2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Origin Account was Hacked

★★★ Newbie

So... you'd think a big company would be able to properly support their customers instead of ripping them off!  I bought and paid for Battlefield 3 AND Battlefield 3 Premium pack, and have receipts to show for it!  Somehow my e-mail address was changed on my Origin account a month or so ago, and EA will not help me to restore my access as they say the birthdate they have on file for me does not match my birthdate!  I have receipts in my name, a credit card statement in my name, I have the registration key, AND I have a photo ID, but do you think I can get someone to just fix my e-mail address so I can access my account?  No!  And over the past month or so they've told me someone from "Advanced Support" will contact me within a few days... but that hasn't happened!  This happened to a couple of my friends also, and it seems the only solution is to purchase everything all over again, so I strongly recommend people think twice before spending the $$ and counting on EA for support!  And if someone at EA Support actually reads this... please tell me how to resolve this so I don't have to waste more of my time with the Better Business Bureau and continuing to post my story to all of these sites and Facebook and so on!  My next step is to issue a chargeback on my credit card for the premium pack, and I only have another week or so to do that so please let me know!

Message 1 of 78 (11,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Origin Account was Hacked

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey montanatom2!

I investigated your case and escalated it directly to our expert team. I spoke with them today, they will try to reach you via phone during the next days, please get sure that you are achievable or able to call them back.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 4 of 78 (12,213 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Only EA customer support can help you with this problem. You should use the live chat or phone support for important problems like getting hacked. https://help.ea.com/contact-us Under product select Battlefield 3, Under Category select Account/Registration, Under Platform select the platform.
You should see at the bottom Call Me Live Chat, Email Me. Select Either Call me or live chat (whichever one is available).

Message 2 of 78 (11,931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have talked to them 4 times in the past 2 months, but they won't fix it for me because my birthdate they have on file doesn't match my birthdate!  So, all the receipts and registration ID's and Photo ID and everything I have proving I purchased it mean nothing to them obviously!  An incorrect birthdate submission is going to cost me $100 worth of games because my account was hacked!  I would have NEVER though their whole account security and validation process would rely on a birthdate when I assumed it was there just to prove I was over 18 or something.  I have dates and order numbers and everything yet they won't help me!  Oh well.. removed BF3 and Origin from my PC and I'll be contacting the BBB and my bank tomorrow!  Not that they'll care, but I've never dealt with a more helpless and less supportive company in my life!  And on the verge of fraudulent also!  Nice people on the support team, all 4 of them, but they have no power or authority to handle something as simple as this apparently!  Live and learn!

Message 3 of 78 (11,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey montanatom2!

I investigated your case and escalated it directly to our expert team. I spoke with them today, they will try to reach you via phone during the next days, please get sure that you are achievable or able to call them back.

Cheers

Basti

Message 4 of 78 (12,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue myself.  Can provide everything but the DOB, and because of this lose access to EVERYTHING.  So stupid.  Wouldn't EA think that when someone only plays in North America that it would be strange to have their email updated to some russian website?  Hopefully you were able to resolve this!  Keep us posted!

Message 5 of 78 (11,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They finally called me back and fixed it, but only after threatening to contact the BBB and my bank!  Someone named MeShizzy (from Russia) hacked mine too, and I had his friends on my profile and so on!  So I sent them a nice message about their "friend" before I deleted them from my profile.  The good news is he ranked me up about 10 spots I think!  LOL!  It's crazy that they rely on a birthdate for security, although the guy that helped me had me give him a security question and answer this time, so maybe that is the new security option!  Good luck... only took them a month or so to get back to me but at least they finally did!

Message 6 of 78 (11,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!  Yes, a guy named Brian called me and was very nice and helpful and fixed me up... it's just a shame it was that easy for someone to hack my account, and that I had to go through 3 or 4 chats and numerous calls to support and be told there is no fix, and then wait a month for a fix!  Hopefully you guys are working on a better way of preventing hackers and ID'ing people and Supporting your customers!  Thanks again!

Message 7 of 78 (11,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem when I came out of Russia, and also can not be contacted or Skem who knows how to reach them.

Message 8 of 78 (11,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA Support is helpng me with a Hacker of my account  - I had to call 6x to convince them it was on their end (prob about 4hrs on the phone w/ escallated support)  There is a security Flaw with another new popular game they are linking accounts with (mostly Russians) and hacking the BF3 accounts.   Keep an eye on your account, have a strong pass, and insist it is on their end - Hopefully they will fix it but they just dicovered this flaw according to them.   

Message 9 of 78 (11,681 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have the same broblem,  the origin not login m accound and make new account, with same mail, and ID,, and pass and when conect in origin is emty no BF3 !! LOST GAMES!!!  lost all expasion BF3!!    Lost all my purchased games,  i send in EA CASTOMER EXPERIENCE my bug or hack dont now and wait! we hope the EA GAMES FIX  i have pay for this games is NOT FOR FREE.   hope  no wait muce time for this.

Message 10 of 78 (11,670 Views)