My Downloads restart if I pause the download and close Origin

by MEGA-MAN-EXECUTE

Original Post

My Downloads restart if I pause the download and close Origin

★★ Novice

Hi!

So I (finally) bought Battlefield 3. I know I'm late but that's still no excuse. I couldn't buy earlier because EA doesn't support Pakistan and I had other stuff to do with my money first.

Anyway, so far I only have 2 things in my library. Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3 BETA. I had Crysis 3 alpha but I didn't play it because of this very issue. So, my first download was Crysis 3 BETA. I downloaded it straight 86% but then it was time to sleep. (Yes, people DO sleep :P) So I turned off the computer and when I checked in the morning, BANG! 0%.

I downloaded again to 30% and had to turn off the computer because of reasons. I turned it on after 5 minutes and BANG! 0%. Then I had to download the whole in one go. 

That's a little bit acceptable since the size was small. But Battlefield 3 is 18 GB! So, I have borrowed a DVD from a friend. A 'non-legit' kind of DVD. A full 15GB version but I DID NOT APPLY ANY CRACK or whatsoever. The game is clean and is an image of the original DVD. So I pasted the contents over the origin download folder and made it to start from 61% (11GB), so I still have 7GB left to go. I downloaded till 68% and had to pause for a while and the computer had to be turned off. I turn origin on again and VOILA! 0% again. :/

Why does this keep happening? How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 2 (2,736 Views)

Re: My Downloads restart if I pause the download and close Origin

★★ Novice

I can't update or download anything on origin, this wouldnt be so big of a deal if i had something othrer than a 35-50 KB/s connection, the new BF4 updates was at 45% and then BF3 decided to automatically say i want to update as well, Bf4 paused, then I started it again, was loading the update at 45% then once it started downloading it went to 13... this was 4 hours in... Origin. f*** you. i expect EA to screw up game releases but when i CANT EVEN PLAY ONE THAT HAS BEEN OUT FOR TWO YEARS DUE TO YOUR USELESS BLOATWARE.

Message 2 of 2 (1,728 Views)