Linux Ubuntu

by RyanD1987

Original Post

Linux Ubuntu

★ Novice

Hi EA

When are you going to port to linux. I have played steam games on ubuntu and just love it. I have smoother gameplay on dota2 as well as other great gaming titles and i am running it on intel based graphics hardware and it runs smoothly. I think it is time you woke up and start doing what steam done. Port to a real OS that does not crash on you when you playing games. 

Message 1 of 6 (772 Views)

Re: Linux Ubuntu

EA will invest in Linux when there is sufficient customer demand to make economic sense. As a Ubuntu fan I understand your desire to have gaming support but until the install base of Linux grows to a supportable number I'm afraid that you'll have to dual boot windows for your gaming needs.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (758 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The install base for linux is small ( less than 1% of the total PCs atm) http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey but hopefully with SteamOS linux gets some love.

Message 3 of 6 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey, thanks for your response, that does make sense, though there are many running Linux in the world and I know my website gets many Linux user hits but guess not public enough yet.

Message 4 of 6 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
People would want to play on Linux if there where enough games in this OS, but there are not enough games because there are not enough people using it. What a doom for a OS made by people and not an enterprise that could make deals with other enterprises making games.

I think that the videogame makers must to realise the benefits to have an OS not made by a competitor, a vision that many other software devel. companies did not have in the past. E.j. Novell Netware.

Develop in Linux and port to whatever other platform could be a secure road, and now it is already being done.
Message 5 of 6 (553 Views)

Hero (Retired)

/Thread is closed-necro'd

Message 6 of 6 (544 Views)