Re: Invalid licenses. Reason code= missing DLL error:0x0000007e.

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

Invalid licenses. Reason code= missing DLL error:0x0000007e.

★★★ Newbie

hi all.

i finally fix the directx issue and oc bit of my cards now i get this [Invalid licenses. Reason code= missing DLL error:0x0000007e.]. and i try all the mention ways in the forums and its not working. fark. any one can help

Message 1 of 7 (6,401 Views)

Community Manager

Please try the following: Delete the Origin\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist folder completely and do a right-click -> Repair Install on Battlefield 3 and all the DLCs (where available) in Origin.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Message 2 of 7 (6,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have carried out the fix with deleting the file

but still get the same error "invalid license. reason code = missing dll error:0x0000007e"

Message 3 of 7 (6,342 Views)

★★ Novice

SOLUTION for 64 bit OS and possible 32 bit!!!!

I worked on this for hours and found this solution thanks to an unrelated video on youtube. 

1. Close origin 
2. Create a new folder on your desktop called DLL

3. Go to program files(86x)/origingames/battlefield3/_Installer/directx/redist

4. You will see a crap load of Cabinet files, if you are running a 32 bit OS go into every cabinet file ending with x64 and copy and past the .dll into the new desktop folder you made, if you are on a 64 bit OS go into every cabinet fine ending with x86 and copy and paste those .dlls into your new folder. (Some cabinet files have multiple .dll's in them. If you are prompted to copy and replace and duplicate while going through the list click yes. There are a few DLL files that are in the main redist folder with the Cab files go ahead and copy those into your new folder as well.

5. Now go to My computer/C drive/Windows/SysWOW64 and then copy and past all of the DLL files in your new folder into this folder and copy and replace any files that come up. If at any point it says cant complete this action because it is open in another program click the skip feature until all files are copied. 

6. Boot origin and start BF3

On a 32 bit OS you may not have the SysWOW64 file if you dont place the .dlls in a folder called System32 instead 

Hope this helps everyone. Happy gaming!

Message 4 of 7 (6,271 Views)

★★ Novice

How I fixed this issue (actually it started when I updated from win. 8 to 8.1 so I am not sure if it will work; never the less...)

Find your Origin folder, this is usually in your C drive, program files, Origin (or other install folder if you manually set that)

Go to Games  ----> BF4 game location:
Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist. You will find two files: vcredist_x64.exe, and vcredist_x86.exe
Run  vcredist_x64.exe if you have a 64 bit machine, or run  vcredist_x86.exe if you are running a 32 bit machine.

If you have already installed Battlefield 4, click repair. Remember to have BF4 closed while doing this...

That was my solution!

Message 5 of 7 (6,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Spirit_0f_Elijah Thanks so much for taking the time to write this out! This helped me in 2022, had the same issue with ME3. Recommend using WinRar (or similar program that can mass open .cab files) to extract all the cabinet files at once to make it easier.
Message 6 of 7 (2,259 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (2,153 Views)