[IMPORTANT] Connectivity issues "game disconnected: something went wrong" - SOLVED -

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[IMPORTANT] Connectivity issues "game disconnected: something went wrong" - SOLVED -

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys!

A lot of player experience connectivity issues while joining BF3 matches. We are aware of the connectivity issues on PC and investigating. You should currently be able to join servers that have Punkbuster set to "off". Our experts working to fix this issue.

As soon as we have more information, we keep you updated.

I merged several topics and posts in this sticky thread!

Cheers
Basti

Edited by EA.Chems: this issue should now be resolved, and everything is going back to normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Message 50 of 63 (3,844 Views)

game disconnected: something went wrong

★★★ Newbie

so i have this weird problem and i love everyone that does try to help me but it would be so awesome if some one could solve it you would be a wizard though i tried near to everything so pls try to help me cuz iam kinda despered... i want to play the game and than connect is on PC though and then its like joining server... initializing and than like joining and then like connecting... for a while and then the game manager goes red and sais: game disconnected something went wrong. every way to solve is welcome and i wil try it so pls help me out guys pls.

Message 1 of 63 (9,274 Views)

Re: game disconnected: something went wrong

Hero (Retired)

hey

try disable antivirus or firewall.......

Message 2 of 63 (9,272 Views)

★ Novice

yea ivehad this problem for 2 months now, ive tried disable firewall antivirus portforwarding and un porforwarding and still same problem

every time i join a server its all fine loading screen comes up just as i go to connect to the game i get "game disconnected: something went wrong" then i have to click "reconnect" to start loading again and then i get into the server i want to play on, but if i leave and try to connect again i get the same doesnt matter what sever i join or where the sever is located i get the error. now i kinda know my pc stuff but sometimes i kinda overlook things like a noob so i would love some feed back on this is there is anyone out there that had the same problem and got it solved ?

it just started happing i didnt install anything or play with the router settings just started happin about 1-2 months ago, im kinda getting so annoyed with it i dont want to play BF3 anymore but ive got premium so i dont wanna just stop playing as that would be wasting money.

ive had a look on google and over the forms and also on here and i havent really found anything that solves the problem i have or people give replays that ive already tried and then the topic just dies and no one replys anymore.

any help is greatly welcomed Standard smile

Message 3 of 63 (9,067 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello!

It might be something with your internet connection to the EA server. Check that and report back if you still have more questions about this.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 4 of 63 (9,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well okey i played the game in the meanwhile on my laptop and also installed windows 8 on my pc but since my internet is very slow i didn't download the game yet but as a programmer i can tell you that the only real solution to this way to much frequent problem is, is that EA/DICE or what ever the cause is should get it's **bleep** together and patch it!

Message 5 of 63 (9,055 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

thanks for the quick reply.

in ur opinion what would be the best way of doing that as i dont really know how i could check that.

i play BF3 in pc just incase u didnt know Standard smile

Message 6 of 63 (9,053 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi again!

Problems with Origin's download_server - 13-12-2012. Please check back later. Thank you!

- Timmie

Message 7 of 63 (9,048 Views)

Game disconnected: something went wrong

★★★ Newbie

"Game disconnected: something went wrong" i keep getting this message every time i try to connect to different servers. I can play the campaign fine, it's just multiplayer that is an issue. Help pls.

Message 8 of 63 (4,272 Views)

game disconected: something went wrong

★ Novice

I was playing fine today on multiple close quarters servers. At the end of a game after the scoreboard appears i had to alt f4 out of the game to go do something. Half an hour later nothing at all has changed in the meantime; any game server i attempt to connect to, goes to the conecting stage..even game loads and i can maximise in it but then scren freezes and im stuck with :

game disconected: something went wrong

Message 9 of 63 (3,855 Views)