I keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type of link ORIGIN"

by Pedro_PAAM

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type of link ORIGIN"

★★ Novice

I installed BF3 a month ago and it worked fine. Then i updated my PC to windows 8.1, but thanks to some lag in my games, i  went back to windows 8. Thanks to that i had to install BF3 again, but now, when i try to play the game i keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type of link    ORIGIN". i Don't know wht this is happening because i was able to play this game with no problem. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (14,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type of link ORIGIN"

★★ Novice

I did what you requested but it did not worked on both browsers. Than i re-runned the Origin installer at: www.dm.origin.com/download ,an now it is working fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (15,764 Views)

All Replies

Re: I keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type of link ORIGIN"

Community Manager (retired)

Please check following workarounds and keep us updated:

For Chrome:

1. Uninstalling the Plugin then deleting the containing folder placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins
  2. Clear Browsing Data ( Settings/Privacy )
  3. Reinstalling the plugin by logging to Battlelog again
  4. In the search bar typing the following command: chrome://plugins
  5. Checking the box Always allowed for ESN Sonar API and Battlelog Game Launcher
  6. Restarting the Browser
  7. Log back into Battlelog via Origin (Play from Battlefield4 icon )
  8. Join a Server

For Internet Explorer 11

1. Uninstalling the Plugin then deleting the containing folder placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins
  2. Restart IE 11
  3. From Internet Options/General tab  -> Clear Browsing data -> Delete button
  4. From Security tab, slide the bar to bottom -> Medium Protection
  5. In Trusted Sites -> .battlefield.com should be added along with battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ and battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/
  6. It will require a System Restart in order for the 7 step to be applied.
  7. Log in again into Battlelog and download again the plugin.
  8. Join a server.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (14,277 Views)

★★ Novice

I did what you requested but it did not worked on both browsers. Than i re-runned the Origin installer at: www.dm.origin.com/download ,an now it is working fine.

Message 3 of 4 (15,765 Views)

Re: I keep receiving the message "no apps are installed to open this type o

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for posting this. It helped me a lot. I kept having issues where Origin a blank Internet Explorer page! I was about to call it quits and just buy the a game from Amazon.

Message 4 of 4 (6,218 Views)