Re: I'd like to link my PSN account to my new origin account

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

yea i had to verify my account and i dont use my account so i had nothing to verify with how am i suppose to remember when i registered battlefield ...so theyy didnt do anything

Message 11 of 94 (135,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm relatively new to this site and can't find the cogwheel...if possible can you post a screenshot of one or list directions on how to find it.

Message 12 of 94 (135,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@moonlight341 wrote:

I'm relatively new to this site and can't find the cogwheel...if possible can you post a screenshot of one or list directions on how to find it.

The list above seems not up-2-date anymore since various Origin updates in the meantime have brought improvements and changes to the UI and functionality.

Here's an updated list of steps for linking your PSN/Xbox and Origin account:

- Download and install Origin from http://www.origin.com/download

- Click on Friends -> Add a friend.. in the menu bar in Origin

- Click on Connect next to PSN or Xbox

- Sign in with your PSN or Xbox account

- Ignore/close the friends import window

If there was no error message so far (besides maybe "No friends were found"), both your accounts should be linked now. It might take a few minutes until your PSN or Xbox account will show up under "Connected Identities" at your account management page (https://www.origin.com/account)

In case there has been an error (e.g. this account is currently linked to another Origin account), please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us who will be able to look into this for you and who can assist you further with correcting this issue.  

Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else.

Message 13 of 94 (146,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

that step work, thanks

Message 14 of 94 (135,650 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I try to link it, it says that origin is already linked to the psn account on another origin account even though I only have one...

Message 15 of 94 (135,573 Views)

Community Manager

@smallcooley475 wrote:

When I try to link it, it says that origin is already linked to the psn account on another origin account even though I only have one...

In this case, please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us for further assistance with your accounts. They will be able to locate any other Origin account that is currently linked with your PSN account and they should be able to assist you with linking it to your main Origin account. 

Message 16 of 94 (135,569 Views)

Re: I'd like to link my USN account to my new origin account

★★★ Newbie

Did you fix it because I got the same issue 

Message 17 of 94 (135,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok my cousin played an EA game on my ps3 about a year ago and used his origin account.  now every EA game i play signs into his origin account.  how the heck do i get rid of his origin account from my ps3 and use my own origin account?  been through chat and got nowhere. 

Message 18 of 94 (134,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@obnoxiousk9 wrote:

ok my cousin played an EA game on my ps3 about a year ago and used his origin account.  now every EA game i play signs into his origin account.  how the heck do i get rid of his origin account from my ps3 and use my own origin account?  been through chat and got nowhere. 

Please contact them again using the steps provided to you via chat or email. Also, you'll most certainly have your cousin calling in or at least available during the call since it's his Origin account.

barry.png
Message 19 of 94 (134,819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It doesn't work. I tried the link provided and gave enough info a few times and I can't find a fix for my issue. My PSN account is linked to an Origin account that I lost, and my Xbox Live account is linked to my actual Origin account. Is it possible to link my PSN to my actual Origin account, or do I have to somehow find the Origin account my PSN is currently linked to? If so, how would I do that? Thanks for any help in advance.

Message 20 of 94 (132,804 Views)