How do i link Origin with my Xbox Live Gamertag

by cammyg92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do i link Origin with my Xbox Live Gamertag

★★★ Newbie

After about an hour of trying to make sense of EA's shady attempt at customer support, i gave up on their **bleep**e maze of useless answers and dead links.

Can anyone on here give me actual help on how i can link my Gamertag and origin account so i can FINALLY access my battlelog?

Would be much appreciated troops !

Message 1 of 144 (490,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do i link Origin with my Xbox Live Gamertag

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In order to link a gamertag or PSN ID to your Origin account, you need to do this:

1. Log in to your Origin account

2. Click Friends -> Add a friend in the menu bar

3. The pop-up will give you the option to connect to Facebook, XBOX Live or Playstation Network. Choose your preferred option

4. Fill in your log-in details and follow the steps on screen

You're good to go. If you are unable to connect, it could be a temporary issue with the servers. Try again later and if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, contact EA support.

If everything went fine, then you should be able to see your Xbox or PSN account listed under Connected Accounts in your account management page (click Account and Privacy in the menu bar).

View in thread

Message 2 of 144 (500,073 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In order to link a gamertag or PSN ID to your Origin account, you need to do this:

1. Log in to your Origin account

2. Click Friends -> Add a friend in the menu bar

3. The pop-up will give you the option to connect to Facebook, XBOX Live or Playstation Network. Choose your preferred option

4. Fill in your log-in details and follow the steps on screen

You're good to go. If you are unable to connect, it could be a temporary issue with the servers. Try again later and if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, contact EA support.

If everything went fine, then you should be able to see your Xbox or PSN account listed under Connected Accounts in your account management page (click Account and Privacy in the menu bar).

Message 2 of 144 (500,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey bro, i can't add my gamertag either, can you tell me how to link my origin account with my xbox live gamertag? when i log onto origin i can't link any accounts or add any friends. nor will it make a difference if i play an ea game, what can i do? 

Message 3 of 144 (488,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It says my microsoft account is already linked to another account. But this is the first time I tried to link my gamertag to Origin

Message 4 of 144 (486,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What website do you go to? I can't find the cogwheel on either ea.com or origin.com
Message 5 of 144 (485,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem as dan82thorne. :/

ryand123456, there is no cogwheel that I could find. I downloaded Origin, signed in, then clicked "friends" in the top left of the window. Click "add a friend..." and you should see the dialog to link your gamertag.

I tried adding my Xbox Live gamertag and I got the same message, "This Origin ID cannot be associated with your account, because it has been previously linked with a different EA account." when this is the first Origin account I've ever made or tried to link with my gamertag.

Message 6 of 144 (485,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How to link origin with x-box live,Playstation Network:

- download origin and log in

- next to your NAME you have a button to add friends,click it a panel will apear ''find friends'' click it

then another panel will apear where you can search for friends (on the right side) and on the left side you will have ...

Import Friends from Facebook,X-box-live,Playstation Network,EA, just click wich ever you want to link to your origin account.

My native language is NOT English, i hope it is readble what i wrote.

Message 7 of 144 (484,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When it says log in to your Origin account, you have to actually download the application onto your pc.

Message 8 of 144 (484,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm trying to link my Origin account to my gamertag to be able to use the Mass Effect 3 Datapad app and have it recognize it on my actual Mass Effect 3 game. I downloaded Origin as the above posts suggested and got the same "your xbox account has already been linked to another EA account" message even though I've never signed up for another EA account.

I've played a few EA games before this, so I assume it automatically tied my gamertag to an EA account maybe? The problem is I don't know any of the information as I never signed up for one manually before this. I've been all over multiple web sites and FAQS and customer supports and there are literally no solutions to this problem even though it seems like a fairly easy fix. It'd be really nice to get some help on this.

Message 9 of 144 (483,100 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wow, the last user made an inquiry a month ago and none of you EA representatives have answered him! I've been having that issue, yes but guess what? FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF! I used Battlefield on PS3 when it debuted in 2011, tried to find my stats since Battlefield 3 wasn't desinged to show me all my stats and went through exactly what i'm going through right now on XBox 360. And all you representatives can come up with is a poor made suggestion at first then request to download a program on top of that and choose "add friend"?? What does add friend have to do with "Link Account to Gaming Console" whoever is responsible for that part needs a red flag. On top of that none of the comments has made a solution and one of the top search on google was this: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624970581112/

G I B B E R I S H

Round of appaluse. I give up and act like Origin doesn't matter after uninstalling the Origin download and not dealing with EA account anymore. Still want to know what my problem is? Besides needing to create 2 accounts to use Battlefield 3 battlefeed or download anything to sync the gaming console id with EA, my problem is just the same as all the others. If you can't figure out why "This Origin ID cannot be associated with your account, because it has been previously linked with a different EA account." when i'm using an ID Origin filtered as useable, then there's obviously a designer issue with the website no one cares to fix yet.

Message 10 of 144 (481,457 Views)