How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

by rucarnutz

Original Post

Re: How do I unlink an origin account from an xbox live account?

★★★ Newbie

I understand this is a super dated reply, however, knowing the information you listed here, I followed these steps and my issue still cannot be resolved. 

Here's why:

After talking to a game advisor, I explained that the account I would like to disconnect from my gamertag is accessible due to not remembering the password. The email on the account itself no longer exists due to deletion by Microsoft for inactivity, so there is no way to reset the password of both the EA account and the email account. 

Now the advisor said I could answer the security quesiton; here's the issue with that, my father created the account over 5 years ago and although remembers the answer to the question, probably did not answer it the same way back then due to his own personal memory changing over time.

The alternative I was given was to provide a proof of a purchase for a game associated with the account. This account is 5+ years old and I have no COMPLETE proof of purchase of any games associated with the account.
All I want is to be able to change the email so I can link all of my EA products under my current account. This seems impossible under my circumstances. 

So, after all of that, what do you think I should do?

Message 61 of 79 (2,259 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @RampageXLI,

sorry to hear you're having issues accessing the account. We need to make sure that we're talking to the account owner before we can make any changes to an account. So as a general advice I can recommend collecting as much information about the account and the corresponding games as possible before contacting an EA Advisor.

I can't go into too much detail here on the forums unfortunately, but I'd recommend reaching out to an Advisor again, since account issues cannot be handled on the forums.

Message 62 of 79 (2,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have almost the same situation. I have made multiple attempts to wait on the chat line for an EA support person. At this point if I could just delete my old acccount from my system  I would be happy but of course there is no way to do that either. What a load of *..

Message 63 of 79 (2,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is stupid

Message 64 of 79 (1,993 Views)

★★★ Newbie
what if its linked, deleted email account and you have no idea what the password is... this is happening to me and I'm very unhappy with the service here.
Message 65 of 79 (1,912 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @fwme514,

in that case I would recommend collecting all the account information available to you and contacting an EA Advisor. They will have to make sure to talk to the account owner before any changes can be made. Unfortunately, we cannot assist with any account related issues on the forums.

Message 66 of 79 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Anyone do it yet
Message 67 of 79 (1,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unreal, been on the phone for hours trying to get my sons Xbox Live Account unlinked from an old EA Account.  They can't do it, they don't know how, it's an underage account, blah blah blah.  Please dear god tell me there is someone here who can assist so this kid can play his new Battlefront 2 game online.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I created him a new EA account and just need to link this new account with his XBOX Live gamer tag

Message 68 of 79 (1,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just finished my third hour and a half long attempt at getting this problem sorted out with no luck (son's account is linked to my Gamertag somehow). Was told they could transfer the account over to me as it should be, but then renegged saying try again in 72 hours because changes had been made to my son's account. It was us logging in to to the EA account and trying to sign out or change accounts there but each time we just got the "Error updating account. Try again later" message as mentioned in earlier posts.

The CSR was incredibly unhelpful, and just kept spouting off how it was all "protocol" even though we know nothing changed on his account (I can still login to his EA account using the same old credentials!). Each time I politely asked to speak to a supervisor, I was shut down rudely until the CSR finally ended the conversation himself. What gives EA? I spend quite a bit of money on stuff from you and to not even be able to have a decision over what account gets linked to my own Xbox is insane. And then to continuously tell me I can't change the account so I can I actually play the copy of Madden 18 I bought a month ago?

I guess maybe I'm the bigger fool at this point for thinking a human might actually be able to understand what problem we were encountering. After seeing all these other posts, as far back as 2013, I'm much less encouraged. This is truly pathetic. These "Game Advisors" are not doing much advising.

Message 69 of 79 (1,603 Views)

★ Novice

Nope

Message 70 of 79 (1,580 Views)