Re: How do I gift an origin pc game purchase?

by friendofcomputer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I gift an origin pc game purchase?

★★★★★ Novice

How do I gift an origin pc game purchase? I just purchased Battlefield 3 Aftermath using the origin online store and would like to gift my purchase to a friend. How do I go about doing that? I already have the extension but my friend does not. I thought I would be email a key code I could send to my friend. But it just say go download the content from within origin... I already own it... I don't need two copies

HELP!

Message 1 of 30 (171,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

There is no "gift" option available on the Origin store. If you accidentally purchased a copy of a already owned expansion, you can get in contact with our support team. If you want to gift him the expansion, you could use other retailers for a gamecode or just classy if you give him the money for the game.

Cheers

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (177,727 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

There is no "gift" option available on the Origin store. If you accidentally purchased a copy of a already owned expansion, you can get in contact with our support team. If you want to gift him the expansion, you could use other retailers for a gamecode or just classy if you give him the money for the game.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 30 (177,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should make "Is this a gift" an option for your games.  I had the same issue, a friend wanted to buy me a gift of a game, he's across the country, and wanted us to play together.  He's gifted me games on Steam, so we tried to do the same with Origin.  It's rather disappointing this isn't an option.  It's one of the reasons I prefer making my purchases on Steam.

Message 3 of 30 (170,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also wanted to gift BF4 on Origin to a friend but no option , STEAM is far better than Origin in this respect at least , get a grib guys !.

Message 4 of 30 (169,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm very disappointed that i can not purchase games to gift to other origin accounts.  I do this very often on steam, this reinforces my opinion that origin is still a poor copy of steam's services.

Message 5 of 30 (168,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also wanted to purchase some titles to gift.

Message 6 of 30 (166,212 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Was looking to purchase and gift a copy of the Mass Effect trilogy for my friend on Origin. Unfortunately it seems that this is still a feature that is lacking. Hope you guys add the ability to gift games in the future.

Message 7 of 30 (165,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanted to buy PVZ Garden Warfare for my brother so I could have someone to play with.  I was really looking forward to playing a game with him again -- haven't done so since the ASDA days long ago.  It is rather outdated of Origin not to have the option of buying gifts for others on its web-site.  

Wake up, managers.  You are losing the company money and disappointing your customers along the way.

Message 8 of 30 (164,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exteremely dissapointing, EA wants to push everyone to use Origin to play their games but they lack such basic functionality available in competing services for years. Buying through a retailer then giving the code to the friend to have them insert in their Origin account is not an acceptable answer, not only is this very tedius it also means you cannot gift a game with any of the "Origin Exclusive" content. EA wants everyone to "Get in the Game" but they need to "Get with the Game.."

Message 9 of 30 (157,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree come on guys update origin with a gift option cause I have 2 friends who wanted discounted non-steam games but can't get the cause the other sites are to expensive and origin has no gift option.

I like origin but lacking this feature loses them money bad idea Origin update your client and add a gift option already it may improve sales big time!

Message 10 of 30 (157,528 Views)