How do I download Map Packs after I've purchased BF3 Premium on PC?

by SACKRowsdower

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I download Map Packs after I've purchased BF3 Premium on PC?

★★★★★ Newbie

A while ago I purchased Battlefield 3 premium for PC.  After the purchase, I didn't have the time to hang around and let the download finish, so I left and assumed I would be able to download the map packs later on.
I can't find how to do this anywhere in Origin, and when I asked on Twitter, I was referred here.

How can I download the map packs that I paid money for?

Message 1 of 4 (2,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I download Map Packs after I've purchased BF3 Premium on PC?

★★★ Novice

If its Digital Copy, there is a little "I" when you hover over BF3 on Origin, go there then you'll see your DLC faded, hover over the DLC then click Download. if Physical copy then there is a second redeem code to install your DLC.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,500 Views)

Start BF3 in Origin you will be prompted to download your expansions.  If this doesn't happen right click the BF3 icon in your games library and select "show game details" then on each expansion right click and select "download".  After all selected expansions download you can play BF3 on the expansion packs.  Then go to Battlelog, multiplayer, server browser and at the top of the page add the new expansion maps and game modes to your server browser filter settings to find games on the new maps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,494 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

If its Digital Copy, there is a little "I" when you hover over BF3 on Origin, go there then you'll see your DLC faded, hover over the DLC then click Download. if Physical copy then there is a second redeem code to install your DLC.

Message 2 of 4 (2,501 Views)

Start BF3 in Origin you will be prompted to download your expansions.  If this doesn't happen right click the BF3 icon in your games library and select "show game details" then on each expansion right click and select "download".  After all selected expansions download you can play BF3 on the expansion packs.  Then go to Battlelog, multiplayer, server browser and at the top of the page add the new expansion maps and game modes to your server browser filter settings to find games on the new maps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 4 (2,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just a graphic, shows what ragnarok013 said:

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (2,215 Views)