Google Chrome - Game Manager Update Issue. Campaign Issue Also.

by ckennedy88

Original Post

Google Chrome - Game Manager Update Issue. Campaign Issue Also.

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, 

Hoping someone can help me out. 

When I'm in Origin and I click to launch BF3, it takes me to Battlelog on Google Chrome and when I click to join a quick match it tells me game manager needs updating. I download the update close Chrome, close Origin and double click the update to run "battlelog-web-plugins_2.1.2_106.exe"
It gets to about 99% complete then just disapears. It never finishes the update and it means I cannot get BF3 running, however if I launch IE it works fine (minus taking forever to find a server). Any information would be brilliant thanks. 

Also when I'm in campagin mode and playing "Rock & A Hard Place" mission. It tells me to get to a jeep to find a stinger missle and I cannot progress further because I get to the jeep and it tells me to equip the stinger but there is nothing there. I click 'Update Game' in Origin incase it needs patching, and repair install but I'm told the game is up to date and installed fine. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (578 Views)

Re: Google Chrome - Game Manager Update Issue. Campaign Issue Also.

★★ Novice

I know this post of yours is pretty old, but now im getting the same **bleep** thing with Google Chrome, i use IE9 and its fine, but it gives me horrible pings sometimes reaching up to 300-400, I try to update Chrome with the Origin update, and it'll open up to install and when it gets to the end it just closes out.

The reason im replying is because i was wondering if you had found a solution for you older problem thats my problem now? If you did could you help a brother out lol, thanks in advance haha

Message 2 of 4 (470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. 

Don't know if my answer will be any use to you but I recently just updated Origin and by chance tried Google Chrome and it seems to have worked so I'm not sure if the latest Origin update seems to have solved the Battlelog issue. Tonight was my first night playing BF3 in a couple weeks so I don't know how long it's been fixed for. 

Last time I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and that seemed to help. 

Let me know if it works for you!

Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

★★ Novice

THANKS! I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it after a bit of trouble shooting because it wouldnt reinstall...come to find out it was becuase i was trying to install with IE9 open, That was the issue and now i can see my pings again...best of all theres no update notice on BLog anymore, Thanks a bunch man!

Message 4 of 4 (388 Views)