Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

by raven10011

Original Post

Re: Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the game yesterday only because of multiplayer. I paid 50€ for this dear EA, and getting this poor service by this money, is consumer abusive.

Your product, your responsibility. Fix it, put 50, 100, 200 or 500 programmers working on it. Just do something about it.
If you bought a house and you had rats on your new house, how would it feel?

Best regards,

Jorge Noro

Edit:

Hello,

Yesterday was a good day. I managed to get into servers without the "server timed out" error.
I still got kicked after 3 hours of playing without any problems, and didn't mind much because it was already to late Confusedmileywink:

What fixed my problem:
After googling and enter in a variety of forums, I found a couple particular things that fixed my problem.

First, I disabled the anti-virus and allowed battlefield to firewall (both type of networks). I rebooted the machine.

At this point, as many others, I were able to play on a server. But when I got tired of that particular one, I tried to switch from server. I got the error.

Second, I did the following acc. the user libever on his post on 10-07-2012 03:33 PM:

"Solution 2
-Click on the windows logo/start button
-In the searchbar, type services.msc
-Press ENTER
-A list of services should now be in front of you.
-Click "extended" tab
-Search for "UPnP host devices" or something similiar (the description is something like: Allow hosting of UPnP devices blablabla)
-Right click it
-Click Properties
-I don't know how to translate this, but there is an option like "startup", in the general tab. You can choose between: Automatic (delayed startup), Automatic, Manually, Disabled. You must choose Disabled.
-Click on "stop service"
-Click "apply" and close that little windows.
-Search for "SSPD discovery" and do the same things that you did above.
-Close everything
-Reboot. "

Before reboot, I also updated the punkbuster.

At last, I disabled the Origin in game.
You do it on Origin portal, search for something like "In Game" tab, inside the settings.

This things allowed me to play. I just hope when I get home be able to play without any more tricks.
I still hope some answers from EA.

Regards,

Jorge Noro

Message 31 of 40 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine PROBLEM SOLVED it was the PSU too weak, 500W too weak for hd5770 the internet diconected after few mins and when i changed to gtx660oc the battlefield turned off computer in first second of the game, now 800w the game is running like joke...that one 500w didnt have 6pin pciex connector maybe it was the problem

Message 32 of 40 (1,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did it exactly like this.... did NOT work :-\

Message 33 of 40 (1,614 Views)

★ Novice

1 month now... EA dont care... sad dev team... getting closer from activision

Message 34 of 40 (1,277 Views)

★★ Novice

Well i came her to tell that the problem continue, i tried every things and noting.

Its anoying.

Message 35 of 40 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was having this problem for the last few months, but finally resolved it by replacing the on-board Realtek network adapter with a discrete Intel network interface card. No problems for 2 weeks now and counting. the NIC I purchased was about $30 so not ridiculously expensive. Hope this is helpful for others.
Message 36 of 40 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried everything on this topic and i'm still having the issue. But even better, it's the same **bleep** on BF4 beta. Well done, DICE well done. So let everyone who had the problem in bf3 know, DO NOT BUY BF4.

Message 37 of 40 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here i've got the problem in BF3 and BF4 beta that's incredible that EA doesn't done anything since 1 year..

Message 38 of 40 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is the problem fixed? cause I am still facing the same problem, let me know if anyone got a fix for it, thanks in advance.

Message 39 of 40 (771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I had this problem very rarely (maybe a dozen times or so in around 9 months of having had bf3).. Last week ,a couple of days after activating BF4 game time, I couldn't join BF4 servers , was getting disconnected from them within a minute into the game. I tried all the origin based solutions (port forwarding, upnp disabling etc etc) and still couldn't get it to work. Being frustrated, I reverted to the tried and tested BF3 and to my great annoyance, the same problem cropped up here as well. I tried ALL of the solutions mentioned in the second comment of this thread and here I am asking WTFudge has happened ? I can't play more than a minute of conquest (if I'm lucky) before all the characters suddenly freeze and I realize that i've been disconnected again. Would really appreciate some input or solution, guys. I really love BF3 and having it snatched away like this is quite depressing.

P.S. TDM(under 16 players) has less occurence of this time out. 

Thanks, hoping for some help here.

Message 40 of 40 (630 Views)