Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

by raven10011

Original Post

Re: Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

Hero (Retired)

hey

Turn off PC UPnP Service:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.
2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery
6. SAVE CHANGE

Regards,

N

Message 21 of 40 (1,739 Views)

★★ Novice

it doesnt work

Message 22 of 40 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me neither. did this my Upnp was already off and I turned the other off. Got BF3 when it came out on Xbox, recently got a nice new comp and thought, its such a great game I'm gonna get it for PC. I was sad to find I cant play for more than 10 mins. And as much as EA has tried to help us in this forum, its clear to see that none of these solutions are working. Plus some of these solutuins have been repeated 3 times on this page which seems pointless. Are you reading EA? Probably not. I'm a bit hacked off to be honest.

Message 23 of 40 (1,710 Views)

★ Novice

For every one post there are at least 20 others that do not post with the same problem.

I have tried everything contained in this post.  I have also turned off anti-virus, tried a wireless connection, tried ethernet, opened all ports.  Some days it works great, no problems, other days I cannot play for 5 minutes without being kicked out.

It seems that it also has something to do with the server you connect to.  I have been connected to a server with a 20 ping rate and get kicked out every 2 to 5 minutes.  Then I change to a a different server/game with a 70 ping count and it works just fine.

So far, I have not been able to recreate the problem consistantly, except that I keep getting kicked out consistantly.  It is hit or miss.

HOWEVER, it definatley was not an issue prior to the December update!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT

Message 24 of 40 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this doesnt help.

you need to fix the game maybe Standard smile

Message 25 of 40 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got same problem Frown

Message 26 of 40 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well I waited to be connected to a Game Advisor but it never happened - Does anyone know if the server disconnection issue can be fixed????????????

Message 27 of 40 (1,400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem and I am playing on PS3. I lose connection during the first or second match depending on how far in I start in the 1st match. I notice that I have a great  "ping" because my reactions are spot on. After I lose connection and get the error screen, the next match I join I will be shooting someone and I will die and they have no damage, there may be visual gliches when using mortor and grenades which in my gaming experience are indicitive of lag.

Any help would be great and sorry if I connected a PS3 question to a PC thread.

Message 28 of 40 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous.  I tried the fixes and all i got was the same problem EXCEPT with no error messages this time!  WOW.  Bodes so well for BF4, I think i'm gonna forget about that if this passes for good customer service in EA.

Message 29 of 40 (1,302 Views)

★ Novice

My latest punkbuster updater I turned off my windows firewall administrator to run bf 3 run. still can not fix this error

Message 30 of 40 (1,288 Views)