Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

by raven10011

Original Post

Re: Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

★★★ Newbie

Glad to see i'm not alone. I bought this game when it first came out and have made it to level 18 with this problem the whole time... got sick of it, stopped playing for like a year. Downloaded the update and thought this issue might be resolved, nope, it still effing disconnects after 10-15 minutes of game play - so frustrating as this is a great game!!!!

Message 11 of 40 (2,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this about same problem, I can play the first match of the day with no problem and when I try to join another match after that it just says "Game disconnected: no reply from the server" I have to restart my comp so I can join to new match. Any ideas?

Message 12 of 40 (2,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

have had the same problems since 2 days have renewed my complete system so now i think i have the solution for this problem :D

if you have a netgear router try to search for following options:

in WAN konfiguration:

Protection against port scans and denial of service attacks off

Responding to Ping on Internet Port

set on both a hook

then try gaming again

Message 13 of 40 (2,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem since yesterday. The game have normally been working just fine then suddenly yesterday this happend to me several times. I thought perhaps there was an issue with my broadband but there's not. It's been happening today as well at random occation. I can play for 20-25 min before it happens, sometimes less and sometimes a little more. 

I haven't made any changes what so ever to my computer these last couple of days. I've only been using it to play BF3.

I guess I'll try to reinstall the entire game even though that's a bummer and will take some time considering I have to download everything again from the server (I don't have a CD since bought it online)

Message 14 of 40 (2,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here for me too. Installed the game months ago and it ran fine and worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Given the nature of the problem i came here and like everyone else tried all of these things to make it work. Thing is, i play at more than one location. My friend owns an internet cafe and it runs there fine no problems except the odd boot from a game one of about 10 played. Its fun to say we can do all of themmse things to try and make it work, but my question is...why is that on us? the customer? Also if its definetly an internet problem why can i play other FPS and MMOs problem free? The problem lies with the connection to the server a server which i have no part of. Address this issue EA please even though we are a small portion of your millions of player database.

Regards, Frustrated Gamer

Message 15 of 40 (2,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm also Frustrated Gamer
all solution from Jakub
Customer Support
Electronic Arts

but i still have problem.

Message 16 of 40 (2,217 Views)

★ Novice

Common guys!
I got this problem too since few days ago and nothing helped yet!
What is that "solution forum" good for, if there is no help or any answer/solution?

The people here need you help over weeks and no help yet....please!!! Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 17 of 40 (2,199 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing 10 minutes gameplay and then disconnected all started with end game patch.........

the game worked fine before.

tryed all fixes i could find re-downloading game does not help ive tryed 3x same prob

Message 18 of 40 (2,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hola, tengo el mismo problema " El juego de desconexión ed: la conexión con el servidor de tiempo de espera" desde hace 3 o 4 meses que no puedo jugar. antes lo hacia con normalidad, pero seguramente alguna actualización o alguna otra cosa ha sucedido.

Lamentablemente estoy un poco desilucionado, puesto que no encuentro respuesta o solución alguna a este problema. 

Si usted tiene alguna idea de como solucionar este inconveniente, le ruego que lo comparta conmigo ya que este juego me encanta pero estoy imposibilitado de jugarlo.

Desde ya, muchas gracias.

cordialmente.

Message 19 of 40 (2,077 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the solution

i had the problem since the patch of end game

what you need to do is a clean boot

follow this instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

hope this helps!!!!

Message 20 of 40 (2,042 Views)