Original Post

Re: Direct X Error 'GetDeviceRemovedReason'

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

nvm, that didnt do the trick :P

Message 61 of 140 (2,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This sucks! Same exact error for my GTX570 with latest drivers. What is wrong?! I just started playing it again about 2 weeks ago and hadn't played it since january or so and now I get this error 5-10 minutes ingame. SMDH!

Message 62 of 140 (2,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From the API documentation located here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (0x887A0006)

The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed.

As you can see, this is an issue with the Battlefield. Pretty sure that there has been no developer time assigned to this bug despite this being a bug. I think you are well within your rights to ask for a refund.

Message 63 of 140 (2,208 Views)

★★ Novice

@mobixg5 wrote:

> Its not EA's, dice , nvidia and Ati's fault .. 

How do you know?

> From what I can think of when the GPU is updated.. and the OS is not both are going to conflict with each other.. 

This is not the slightest bit true.  In fact, quite often, hardware manufacturers have released faulty drivers (not pointing any fingers, I can't think of a single manufacturer who has NOT).  Microsoft have released updates for Windows that have created issues (case in point, the one I just posted).  Please, don't try to talk about things you actually don't understand.  It is misleading to people when they are actually trying to find a solution to a problem.

> So .. UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE it will save you alot of trouble.. 

I'm running the latest version of the Geforce drivers, Win7 sp1 updates, VC++ runtimes, .NET (and updates), audio drivers, and yet the problems with Bioshock and other things weren't fixed until I REMOVED a Windows update.  Most people have already tried all this rubbish about "get the latest XYZ".  I think out of the HUNDREDS of postings I've seen about people being told to update drivers/Windows updates/whatever, I can count the number of times that that has been the *actual* solution on one hand.

Message 64 of 140 (2,188 Views)

★★ Novice

finally.. i sorted it out for myself! i hope..

*knocks on wood*

i got myself "EVGA Precision X" and downclocked my GPU clock from 771 mhz to 761 mhz and didnt get the error for 3 days so far.

Message 65 of 140 (2,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi boys...

same problem since 2 days...GeForce GTX485M. Playing 2-3 minutes BF3 and it sucks.

I tried a lot of things. Checked the last 6 Graphics driver -no solution.

Updated all my drivers on the Nexoc E718 - nothing helps. This sucks. I dont think this is a hardware problem.

I dont think this is a driver problem. No time I overclocked the CPU's. Always playing in standard mode.

Is there no fix for our problems ? MedalofHonour ?-> No probs.

Message 66 of 140 (2,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, i built my computer 5 days ago and installed bf3 2 days ago (yes it took that long to download) and for the first day i played bf3 all day for at least 10 hours and it was great, apart from one issue with punkbuster needing the be updated and kicking me out of games. but then yesturday i was playing for about 3 hours when i had this message and now i cant even get half way through a game without this happening, i have tryed most of the suggestions on the internet and none have worked

PS ea repled to this with what seemed to be a soloution judjing by what replied it got but this person at ea has deleted this answer, WHY?

My system specs (runs bf3 at 1080p ultra settings at 80-120fps)

i5 3570k oc to 3.6ghz

evga gtx 770 sc w/ acx (stable overclock of +40mhz - so 1241mhz)

gagabyte z77x ud3h

corsair vengence 8gb ram (2x4) @ 1600mhz

samsung 840 pro 128gb ssd

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP I DIDNT SPEND OVER A YEAR SAVING UP OVER A THOUSAND POUNDS AND WAITING 3 DAYS FOR IT TO DOWNLOAD FOR IT TO BE UNPLAYABLE FFS :'(

Message 67 of 140 (2,035 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@T00LZ wrote:

finally.. i sorted it out for myself! i hope..

*knocks on wood*

i got myself "EVGA Precision X" and downclocked my GPU clock from 771 mhz to 761 mhz and didnt get the error for 3 days so far.

Hasn't the above solution always been working? 

Message 68 of 140 (2,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have yet to try downclocking my GPU speeds with EVGA Precision but I suppose I will try that next. This is still ridiculous though, Battlefield/EA should fix this problem regardless!

Message 69 of 140 (2,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I downlocked my GPU clock speed from stock 797 to 787... game crashed within 30 seconds. I went down to 777 and it crashed again not even a minute or two into the game. A friend of mine says this solution might work but I want some expert opinions first...

1. Origin Games\Battlefield 3\_Installer\directx folder
  2. redist folder
  3. scroll down in redist
  4. Run DXSETUP.exe

What do you guys think?? 

Message 70 of 140 (2,011 Views)