Re: Could not communicate with running game. Please make sure it was not launched outside of the web

by thedokt0r

Original Post

Could not communicate with running game. Please make sure it was not launched outside of the web

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have this error : "Could not communicate with running game. Please make sure it was not launched outside of the web" when I try to star a campaign on BF3.

Thx !

Message 1 of 14 (9,743 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Could not communicate with running game. Please make sure it was not launched outside of the web

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Repair install Battlefield 3, then clean you`re internet browser, download CCleaner and clean you`re PC and registry, then restart the PC and you`re problem should be fixed. 

Regards

theDokt0r

Message 2 of 14 (9,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have that problem too but it didnt helped me

Can someone help pls?

Message 3 of 14 (9,621 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thedoktor,

I hope your suggestion helps those having this particular problem, but seriously, is that really a practical solution considering that this error occurs constantly? And if it doesn't solve the problem, then what? If they get the same error, should they just keep repairing/re-installing Battlefield? You wrote that it "should" fix the problm. That's not very ashuring. So, if it doesn't help, What then?

What troubles me is that the error indicates that an instance of the game is running. Why isn't anyone addressing THAT? If it's running then why recommend a reinstall, or worse, to go poking around in the registry. I'm sure many people here are quite familiar with how often registry cleaners muck things up. Registry cleaners tend to do one thing only and that is to delele registry entries causing even more problems.

I hope someone with inside knowledge eventually looks closely at these errors for clues to identifying the problem and working on a lasting solution across the board.

My partner works at EA and tells me that emails from very unhappy (myself included) anonymous users are occassionally distributed as a hopeful wake up call to management. I didn't hesitate to voice my opinion. I'm sure the one or two emails that make it up the ladder were chosen so as not to offend any stuffed shirts along the way  with harsh (but deserving) language and therefore will fail to sufficiently reflect our frustration. 

Message 4 of 14 (9,605 Views)

★★★ Guide

I said it should help because some users solved the problem that way, some didn`t, every system if different and for some system one solution works the other does not work, but then other solutions work. 

Here is what I found to be helpfull for some users:

Solution 1:

Try opening Task Manager, going to processes and manually killing the BF3.exe process 

Try opening Origin, Right-click BF3 in My Games, select Repair Install 

Try Manually updating Punkbuster 

Solution 2: 

- repair game 
- deinstall battlelog plugin (suppress via Panel/add-supress programs), restart PC 
- change bf3.exe properties to run as administrator (right click, properties, compatibility) 
- Try to play the game again. 

The problem with this error is that some part of the game is running even when the game is closed, I also got this problem 2 times when I exited the game and tryed to join a server after I exited like  2 seconds after, then I had to re-start my PC and the problem got solved. 

Message 5 of 14 (9,596 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still having this problem. Have tried: killing the bf3 process from task manager a million times and reconnecting, repair installing bf3, reinstalling battlelog web plugin, cleaning up temp files and browser memory and running cc cleaner, using another browser, updating punkbuster,  reinstalling bf3 and origin completely. Nothing works. Anything new on this ?

Message 6 of 14 (8,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having this problem as well. I restarted my machine after doing a repair of Battlefield 3. When I fired it back up it needed the Battlelog plugin updated. It updated twice. Now it works. I'm guessing this may have happened because I haven't restarted my machine in weeks. I just put it in sleep mode. Once I restarted it installed the plugins.  Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 14 (5,695 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After joining server and also after that message appears,click Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager,find a process "bf3.exe" and click end process,also you can try loggin out from Origin and find that process too in the Task Manager and kill it,its named "origin.exe".

Message 8 of 14 (5,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Stange, for me, i think its EA's problem. I heard (not know but I heard) that if you wait like another day or wait for another time, it works. For me, for some reason I just did nothing for a while like 5 minutes, and then it works. Its weird but, thats a solution  to look at.

Message 9 of 14 (5,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am so so so tired of Origin. I only use it for BF3. I have had nothing but extreme trouble from it from the very first time I used it, within days of BF3 coming out.

It takes between 4 and 18 minutes to enter a co-op game. It continually disconnects from the server when hunter for co-op games or connecting to multiplayer.

I would say 7 out of 10 attempts to start the game fail...right now it's the message as stated on this thread. I have never come across a buggier, hard to use item. I have tried multiple 'fixes' over the time of owning the game......since early November 2011 till now. I am not impressed. I will not buy Crysis 3 using Origin. I will not buy BF4 using Origin. Hopefully I can get them using another option. 

The funny thing is, once the actual BF3 game is running, it runs sweet, with no problems. 

Message 10 of 14 (4,942 Views)