Chrome user / BattleLog plugin not installing.

by realpigtrader

Original Post

Chrome user / BattleLog plugin not installing.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was told that I needed to install an update for battlelog web plugin (Google Chrome), so I downloaded the file "battlelog-web-plugins_2.1.2_104.exe" and ran it... nothing happens 

I click on the downloaded file, this appears: http://i46.tinypic.com/e7laq8.jpg

And then it closes and nothing happens next... 

It does not install anything at all Frown 

I have tried: 
- restarting PC 
- running it as administrator 
- running with compatibility mode 
- disabling anti-virus/firewall 
- eating a bagel 

nothing works =( any solutions?

Then I tried this:

Go to your control panel -> programs 
Uninstall Battlelog web plugins and origin. 

Install origin and try again with a different browser. 

If it still doesnt work, then try to contact a game advisor.

Then I tried this:

It's a Java issue guys! I figured it out. 

First uninstall ALL JAVA'S from your machine by going to START > CONTROL PANEL > PROGRAMS AND FEATURES 

Look through the list for ALL JAVA instances, REMOVE THEM 

Even though you did this, they aren't completely gone and it's preventing chrome from loading the rest of the plugins in its plugin history (the ESN SONAR battlelog plugin won't register with chrome because of broken-ass java) and this is why it doesn't work anymore. 

So to solve this we have to remove the java file manually by going to "aboutTongue outlugins" in your chrome url bar (no quotes) 

Once you do this, in the upper right hand corner you'll see a button to expand details. Click the plus sign. 

Hit control + F and search for "Java(TM) Platform" (again, minus the quotes) 

You will then see something like: "Location: C:\_________" blah blah blah 

Locate this file in windows explorer (windows key + r, type explorer.exe and hit enter) and rename the file under "Location: " to anything, i usually rename it by adding the world OLD in front of it. 

Close the browser, reinstall java from www.java.com and then go BACK to aboutTongue outlugins to make sure the new java is there along with your ESN sonar plugin and everything else. 

This SHOULD solve your problem.

I have now spent the better part of 8 hours trawling the web for solutions without any succes at all.

PLEASE! Help...

EDIT: I have now uninstalled everything to do with Origin/Battlelog/BF3 and re-installed the lot. Didn't work either. 

To be honest I think it's pretty poor customer service from EA not to get back to us gamers who buy the games and keep EA alive in that sense.

Regards,

An unhappy customer.

Message 1 of 7 (14,729 Views)

Re: Chrome user / BattleLog plugin not installing.

★★★ Newbie

Mine does the same thing no matter what browser I use. I won't bother detailing my system because I won't get any help here, or probably at all, because this is how EA is now. They don't give a **bleep** and they expect the gamers themselves to figure out the problems the game has,just in trying to use it. Look at the slogan up top: Answer, be the hero..(because we have no fekkin clue whatsoever and even if we did we won't waste our time posting the answer to help you saps who shelled out $60 for a non playable game...hahahahahahaha)

EA YOU SUCK> SERIOUSLY.

Message 2 of 7 (10,508 Views)

realpigtrader I had the same problem when I upgraded IE9 to IE 10 and just couldn't get IE 10 to work  with battlelog so I installed Firefox to playu BF3.  I know poster number 2 stated that no matter which browser he used he had no success but have you tried using another browser or do you like poster number two have the same problem no matter which browser you use?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 7 (10,500 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ThunderHog1st wrote:

Mine does the same thing no matter what browser I use. I won't bother detailing my system because I won't get any help here, or probably at all, because this is how EA is now. They don't give a **bleep** and they expect the gamers themselves to figure out the problems the game has,just in trying to use it. Look at the slogan up top: Answer, be the hero..(because we have no fekkin clue whatsoever and even if we did we won't waste our time posting the answer to help you saps who shelled out $60 for a non playable game...hahahahahahaha)

EA YOU SUCK> SERIOUSLY.

thunderhog1st unless you provide additional information I do not understand why you decided to post apart from being frustrated and deciding to vent.  As a gamer I understand your frustration but this site is a community run self help site so the vast majority of us heling one another here, like me, are gamers and are not EA employees apart from the the handfull of mods here on the site with the "ea" prefix on their names.

Have you disabled any flashblockers, script blocker, popup blockers on your browsers before attempting to install the battlelog plugin?  Have you tried disabling the anti-virus (temporarily) duriong installation?  Was there a time that battlelog worked for you or has it been broken since you purchased the BF3?  If there was a time that battlelog worked did it stop working after you upgraded the browser?  Have you tried using IE9 if you are currently using IE10?

*EDIT*  You also might want to try downloading the Battlelog plugin files, saving them to your desktop, closing your browsers, and then right click each file and select "run as administrator" for each one.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 7 (10,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Now happens for me 2 - Win7 64, BF4.

Chrome always reports "YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE BROWSER PLUGIN FIRST". Then it is indeed possible to download the plugin and also installation is possible. However, Chrome does not get with it, it will continue showing "YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE BROWSER PLUGIN FIRST" - as reported.

It looks like a a serious problem, which should be fixed asap from the devs.

Message 5 of 7 (8,492 Views)

@strike77strike wrote:

Now happens for me 2 - Win7 64, BF4.

Chrome always reports "YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE BROWSER PLUGIN FIRST". Then it is indeed possible to download the plugin and also installation is possible. However, Chrome does not get with it, it will continue showing "YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE BROWSER PLUGIN FIRST" - as reported.

It looks like a a serious problem, which should be fixed asap from the devs.

Have you tried using another browser?  I had to use Firefox when IE10 had this error.  However a few months later my IE10 now works with the latest plugin so it is possible that you may have to use another browser until the next plugin comes out for battlelog and Chrome may work for you again.

Message 6 of 7 (8,477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

w7 64, bf3, ie/chrome/ff, avg antivirus

It's frustrating. Cannot start playing. Even the solo campaign, why do I need internet for that?!

ie: ESNLaunchAx control 2.3.2

-SonarAx control 0.70.4

ff: battlelog game launcher 2.3.2.0 (shouldn't it be 2.3.2.130?, that's what the downloaded file name says)

-ESN Sonar API 0.70.4.0

chrome: apparently installed, both appear in chrome task manager.

in all browsers the plugins are enabled/activated.

tried disabling av and addblock, uninstal and instal the plugin again.

tried instal as administrator, with browsers closed.

always shows a progress bar and the window closes without further actions.

didn't try any uninstall game. 

all 3 browsers show same window message "

You need to install or patch the game before playing."

I might get this game to work, i might like it, but next time I'll think twice on buying an EA (instal frustrating) game.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Update

following the info on this site http://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/battlefield-3/73734-some-bf3-logging-fun.html

I managed to start the game in single player mode and actually do the solo campaign, without running whatever the game needs on the battlelog website and the infamous plugin.

Just above the "start" button, In the command line,  I activated the bf3 executable with the following comand:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe"  -webMode SP (if your bf game was installed in other directory than the default one, you might need to change the path)

SP stands for single player. Checkout the above mantioned website for the parameters you might want to try.

For some reason, I had to execute the command a few times, each time more and more of the splash screens appeared before the game crashed, up the time when the game main screen appeared (after 5 or 6 times). Be sure to run the bf executable as admin.

Not exactly a hero solution, but I manage to have part of the game my money bought. Hope this will bring some solace to the new EA haters, like me.

Message 7 of 7 (7,930 Views)