asyraf03

Can't play battlefield on windows 8

I'm using windows 8 I have install battlefield but I cannot play it

Hero
XSV_NiTEMARE

Re: Can't play battlefield on windows 8

[ Edited ]

Hi there asyraf03!

Make sure you have all the latest content/drivers before you launch the game. Also, here is the recommended specs for Battlefield 3:

Battlefield 3 System Requirements

Battlefield 3 is powered by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is based on the previous Frostbite 1.5, which powered Bad Company 2. The new engine brings a lot of visual improvements and a lot of optimizations as well. However, please note that Battlefield 3 won’t support DirecX 9, meaning it won’t run on Windows XP.

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz

RAM: 2GB

Graphic Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.

Graphics Card Memory: 512 MB

Sound Card: DirectX compatibl sound card

Hard Drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

RAM: 4GB

Graphics Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.

Graphics Card Memory: 1 GB

Sound Card: DirectX compatibl sound card

Hard Drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Problem 1: Battle Field 3 Windows Compatibility

Solution: Battlefield 3 will be compatible with Windows 7 or Vista, as they're only using DirectX10 and 11 (sadly, no Windows XP support).

*For Offline or Single Player User

- With kind regards, Timmie.

------------------------------------( ͡° ʖ ͡°) ------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of the Answer HQ Community! If you need further assistance, please let us know right away!

Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
Do you want to answer somebody's question? click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on the "XP" button.
If you have something that you want to share that can help other players out (tips & tricks), don't hesitate to share these. Ask. Answer. Be the Hero!
Keeper
jockedcross98

I have the same problem but i dont know hos to fix it!

Keeper
85punkrock

I have an Intel i7 quadcore, 1 GB Radeon, 2 TB HD, 8 GB RAM running Windows 8 (64 bit).  I was able download Battlefield 3 but when I try to install it never does.  I can keep my computer on for days and Origin just says "installing".   I recently re-installed Win8 and previously had Battlefield installed, but even then it never worked.  This time around I can't even get it to install.  I did have an error regarding DirectX once when trying to install.  I was so looking forward to playing this game...

Keeper
ivan0888

mee too, i cant even install battlefield 3 premium on windows 8 64bit, my laptops spec, intel core i7, geforce gt650m SLI, 1 tb harddrive, 8gb ddr3

hope any solution, thanks before :smileysad: