Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't connect to EA servers

by ddyort

Original Post

Can't connect to EA servers

★★★ Newbie

When I insert the battlefield 3 multi-player disc, and I choose the multi-player option, it says I lost connection to the EA servers. I play on  

Xbox 360 and my NAT type is open. I have opened UPnP and I have a wired connection. How can I solve this problem?

Message 1 of 16 (14,492 Views)

Re: Can't connect to EA servers

★★★★ Novice

ea help

try this if you haven't yet Standard smile

Message 2 of 16 (14,384 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That post is all about NAT type and port forwarding. i have tried port forwarding and my NAT is open like i pointed out in my original post.

Message 3 of 16 (14,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Might be a DNS problem. Are you sure that your ISP's DNS is working properly? You can always change it to another dns .

Step 1 - download the program:  http://code.google.com/p/namebench/ 
Step 2 - tutorial for namebench:  http://code.google.com/p/namebench/wiki/UsingNameBench 
Step 3 - google a DNS tutorial: "manually setting DNS for _______" (xbox 360, windows 7, ps3, etc)
Step 4 - use your DNS tutorial to manually enter the top two results from google namebench into your ME3 gaming system's network settings

Message 4 of 16 (14,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It Is not my DNS. My brother is on the same internet, and can play multiplayer with no problems.

Message 5 of 16 (14,370 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Then i have nothing for you Wink sorry i couldn't help Standard smile

Message 6 of 16 (14,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I just not play anymore? wasted $45 on nothing?

Message 7 of 16 (14,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well thats kinda harsh don't you think? I tried my best to help you, told you i couldn't help you...You could just wait until someone else tries to help you but you decide to act like this? I'm only a gamer, trying to help other gamers unpaid...The least you could say is thank you for trying, instead of this....

Message 8 of 16 (14,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about my game, because i payed $45 and now i cant play anything? I do thank you for trying to help, but it doesn't seem like there is a solution to this, or at least nobody else has had this problem.

Message 9 of 16 (14,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you checked this guide?

https://help.ea.com/article/losing-connection-to-ea-servers

It could very well be a problem with your router. Is your brother also playing BF3 multiplayer on Xbox ?

Message 10 of 16 (14,350 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com