Re: Can't click on anything, Battlelog

by Carbonic

Original Post

Can't click on anything, Battlelog

★★ Novice

Whenever I get on Battlelog, I can't click on any of the buttons. This means I can't change server filters, can't join games and can't start the single player campaign. In addition, my stats and avatar are not loading. 

I've tried the following with no success:

Used different browsers (IE, firefox, chrome, safari and their respective private browsing modes)

Clear browser cache and cookies

Uninstalled and reinstalled battlelog, battlefield 3 and origin

Uninstalling and reinstalled punkbuster

installed BetterBattlelog extension

Disabling all extensions

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 13 (3,840 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ugh, that sounds awful :/

How long has this been happening, and have you changed anything since?

Message 2 of 13 (3,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi there lolmarine!

Seems very strange that you can't even use the different link buttons. However, have you tried restarting your computer? Sometimes a simple refresh can make it work again.

Close all background programs as that can also be a problem.

Report back here again if the problem persist, and I will help you further.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 3 of 13 (3,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thanks for the reply. I've tried restarting my computer and only running origin and battlelog (disabling firewalls and Avast!). Neither of those solutions worked. I've also tried installing an older version of battelog in hopes that it'll self update and fix the problem, this also did not work.

This has been going on for a week now. 

edit: Flash and Java are both completely updated as well as all my web browsers.

Message 4 of 13 (3,801 Views)

★★ Novice

Uninstall Spybot or any program that uses "immunization". Worked for me! Well you can use Spybot but dont use immunization in it....

Message 5 of 13 (3,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to install google chrome (if you haven't already) and open up an incognito tab then open the battleog and everything will be fine! I promise!

Message 6 of 13 (3,649 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

I've helped another one with the same problem. In his case he had added stuff to his hosts file that broke Battlelog. You might want to look at that as well Standard smile

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.This way you help others in the same situation.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 13 (3,646 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi :womanhappy:

I also recommend you to update your java version.. These days they give too many updates on java and it stops the buttons on browsers too thou..

Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer somebody's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP"

Message 8 of 13 (3,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi i have the same problem, cant click on anything.. cant play at all now.. have updated flash and java, nvidia drivers, have updated os,  win 8.1   but issue was on win 8 too..  intel e6650 8gb ram  500w psu  asus gt450,  norton 2013 ..  i have tried disabling security firewall, antivirus etc .. billion router  

i use internet explorer and dont want to instal another browser..

any ideas, help,  the game is  not playable at all.. what can i do.. im not at all happy  

very disappointed,

regards andrew

Message 9 of 13 (2,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi  i tried installing firefox today  and can now play the game. logged into battlelog via google and not origin.

the issue must be related  to  internet explorer and probably flash player

i hope this was a help to others with the same problem

regards andrew

Message 10 of 13 (2,739 Views)