Can not connect to EA Online

by HasH0196

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not connect to EA Online

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Whenever i try to join a server it would give me "You were disconnected from EA Online Soccer ball " error after it says Logging In... I tried most of the fixes but nothing worked ... Both BF3 & Origin is allowed through Firewall and I even tried support but it didnt work ... I even played on a server with low ping & players to check if its not me but nothing helped ... A fix or Help would be nice ...

Message 1 of 18 (17,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not connect to EA Online

★★★★ Novice

Guys i fixed my problem... I just moved my Hosts file (WIndows\System32\Drivers\etc) out of there and i could play now... hope someone problems would have been fixed by this Confusedmileyvery-happy:

View in thread

Message 7 of 18 (18,532 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

srry for bump but any help plz?? I tried everything i could

Message 2 of 18 (16,961 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anytime I am having a connection or launching issue, I run through these steps. These steps will not solve every problem, but they do resolve most issues.

Unplug your router, wait a minute or two, then plug it back in. 

Clean Boot:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+troubleshoot+a+problem+by+performing+a+clean+boot+in+Windows+Vista+or+in...

(do not restart the computer yet)

Disable UAC:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=disable+uac+microsoft+windows+7

(do not restart the computer yet)

Delete Temporary files/clear browser cache:

1. Press the windows key + R
  2. Type %temp% (in the windows run box that appears) and press enter
  3. Select one of the files in the 'Temp' folder (this folder will appear after running the search for the temp files in the above step)
  4. Press the Control button and the 'A' key at the same time to highlight all the files
  5. Press the Delete key

Some files will not delete, these are files that are currently in use. Do not worry about the files that do not delete.

To delete your browser cache:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+clear+my+browser+cache

Restart your computer and try to join a match.

If that doesn't work, I would disable anti-virus (of course, be aware that you're turning off your anti-virus) and try to connect directly to your modem (bypassing a router.)

Message 3 of 18 (16,955 Views)

★★ Guide

On top of that, I highly recommend checking your ports to see if there's an issue with the router blocking the necessary ports that are needed to connect to BF3.

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.
Message 4 of 18 (16,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have already done this and it still is not working. Any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 18 (16,918 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried all of these didnt worked i also emailed advisor still didnt work ... I also tried reinstalling origin like 1 of my friend said ... Is there a url to the ea online server or something so i can manually allow instead of disabling the whole antivirus and firewall?? I disabled all of my firewalls and anti virus but that didnt helped too :/

Message 6 of 18 (16,886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys i fixed my problem... I just moved my Hosts file (WIndows\System32\Drivers\etc) out of there and i could play now... hope someone problems would have been fixed by this Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 18 (18,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey @hashir96 ,Where did you move you host file to?

Message 8 of 18 (15,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh and this didn't work for me,i had that syncing failiure and that didn't appear after i did this,but i still can't connect to EAConfusedmileysad:

Message 9 of 18 (15,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is dumb, I would think this would be an easy fix like a password or update system but sounds like its not... Cant play any online games.. I went through my route last time and screwed up my other systems...

Message 10 of 18 (12,990 Views)