Bought Battlefield 3 Premium no way to download it

by jagzthebest

Original Post

Bought Battlefield 3 Premium no way to download it

★★★ Newbie

Hi I just bought Battlefield 3 Premium and downloaded Origin for the first time for it, making it my first game. Apart from the invoice in order history I can't find a way to download the game anywhere, when I go in my games it simply gives me the two options to purchase games or try free ones/demos. I bought it, the purchase went through, I have an invoice and email confirmation, order history and no unlock code is needed. This is ridiculous. Ive looked aroudn the help site and the help is messed up with incorrect information, I am being misled, for example it says launch origin by clicking on the green icon at the bottom in the taskbar yet the icon is orange, it says click on customer service on the website to view order history yet the order history link is elsewhere on the site. And why should I be going to different websites anyway shouldn't everything be in the content providing platform  I downloaded? Now I know why people kept sayin steam is better this service is in shambles, I have steam and once you purchase a game it instealls in your library straight away unlike this misleading ghost service. Ive just paid so **bleep**ing tell me where my game is.

Message 1 of 4 (686 Views)

Re: Bought Battlefield 3 Premium no way to download it

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if you did what I did...

I bought the premium expansion set instead of the full Game plus the Premium expansion (in one package). (Namimg of the 2 is pretty confusing)

My first purchase on Origin - and yes, it is a shambles compared to Steam...

I did go back later, (5 emails to help desk) and buy the original game - am now wasting hours trying to get these people to give me the Premium expansion pack I paid for originally...

Apparently, it does not show up in "My Games", if the base game is not there.

Not sure if this helps...

Message 2 of 4 (670 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there!

If you have a receipt of the game, go here and explain what happened: 

Live EA Support: 
https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center.

EA help center:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us.

They will help you to get your game back, make sure to check your email and PayPal (if you paid with PayPal) for a message or a payment confirmed letter.

- Sincerely, Timmie

Message 3 of 4 (664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i replied in other threads, it appears that I purchased Premium instead of Premium edition, delibreatly being misled by EA here. So I dont get the base game and am looking for a refund right now, the base game is £20 more than if buying the collected preium edition, how do they come with this pricing?

Message 4 of 4 (657 Views)