Best option to use 2 subscription on 1 machine? Is this possible.

by gmoneystc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Best option to use 2 subscription on 1 machine? Is this possible.

★★★ Newbie

Curious, I have my existing BF3 with the back 2 karkand, working fine, I do not wish to change it or loose the $ I paid for it.

If I were to buy the Premium package should I register it with a separate email than my existing?

I am looking to have the option of keeping my existing soldier with the limitation of back to karkand separate, but on the same machine have the flexibility to logon to Origin with the other email address and play the Premium with a different soldier.

Does that make sense? I want to keep what I have and have the new one all premium.

What is my best option so i do not loose my existing guy/purchase?

Brian

Message 1 of 6 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Best option to use 2 subscription on 1 machine? Is this possible.

★★★ Newbie

Hey this idea I had in mind does work.  The intention is valid online play for 2 separate registered soldiers on 1 machine. This is not a hack or violation of the agreement. I have purchased both licenses and did not want to rollup to just 1 soldier and loose the first license.

Here is how I maintained what I already have and added a second soldier....$40 last year to get the Limited license,,,and $40 this year for the brand new Premium and I have both in the separate state!!!

I accept no responsibility if it does not work out  for you. Make sure you do the copy over right and all renaming and reg keys  thoroughly. Think it through, this is very sound logic, not a hack but rather a toggle that points to which installation to use.

Offline data not in the cloud would be lost using the method below. As long as you saw it get saved up to the cloud...All is good.

It doesn't matter/have to be, but what I note is a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. This does take up more drive space and would be double the timespace to patch when a patch comes out.

2 BF3 Origin registered accounts, via 2 separate email addresses = 2 separate soldiers.

I can detail this out further if someone wants to know exact detail beyond this:

-2 separate email addresses 1 each for a Origin registration, 1 Limited and 1 Premium.

-Made a copy of the original game install, I have this on a D:..So the sub folder just has to be a different name to be referenced later.

Limited        -D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited

Premium     -D:\\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3

Export the original reg key, then made a copy, then altered the path to match each install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3

-BF3-Limited.reg

-BF3-Premium.reg

With the Origin not resident, execute the reg key merge to set the path Origin will see as the version to use.

Execute Origin, logon using the email address registered for the version desired to play. [Limited]

When you join a server it may say the saved data does not match the cloud data. USE THE CLOUD version to overwrite the local.

Play.

To switch, exit the game, close the browser, close Origin completely.

Execute the reg key to merge the other folder as resident for Origin to use.

Execute Origin, use the other email account to logon [Premium]

When you join a server it may say the saved data does not match the cloud data. USE THE CLOUD version to overwrite the local.

Play.

Here is the body of the reg key that you would be saving and then executing to merge. My settings, yours would be similar. The double backslashes are cuz it is for the registry.

EXPORT YOUR OWN these are for example only.

BF3-Limited.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3]

"GDFBinary"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited\\GDFBinary_en_US.dll"

"GameExplorer"="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}"

"DisplayName"="Battlefield 3™"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Product GUID"="{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx}"

"Install Dir"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited\\"

BF3-Premium.reg

"GDFBinary"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3\\GDFBinary_en_US.dll"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Install Dir"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3\\"

On your intial logon for the 2nd or premium, it does take a while to update that copy of the limited account. The cloud data will take care of the gameexplorer and product guid for you.

Again this works for me, but I fully understand the registry and how this game uses the cloud. I accept no responsibility if it does not work out  for you. Make sure you do the copy over right and all renaming and reg keys  thoroughly.

This maintained my limited key separate from my newly purchased Premium key. I wanted this way and yes the second account or Premium did star that soldier over at level 1. But the limited key stayed at the level he was/is at...Just like I desired.

Thanks for the input -C but yours did not give a solution..This however is NOW a solution.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)

All Replies

Hero

How would you loose money if you activated the premium on your excisting Origin account? You are not allowed to sell accounts anyway.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I probably described the intent wrong.

"How would you loose money if you activated the premium on your excisting Origin account?"

What I meant was since the limited is paid and is B2K only, I would like to buy premium as a second subscription and not loose that soldier. So if possible I would have the 2 accounts and 2 soldiers for the base+B2K. If i allow it to merge i would loose the original/ not have a 2nd soldier.

Does that make it a little more clear?

you are right I would not loose $, I would like to have 2 soldiers for the base+B2K.

Message 3 of 6 (308 Views)

Hero

Well, I guess the best thing would be if you talked to EA help and convinced them to move your current soldier to the account you add  premium to.

Then the next question would be if you can log into the Origin client with the two different accounts without problems. That I don't know.

Remember to accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped.

Cheers
-Carbonic

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 6 (305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thanks for your input.

To test this before buying the premium for BF3, i have made a separate account using a second email address. This second has nothing yet, i will test it by downing the free BF1942 and test it first.

I know this sounds strange and people are thinking why not just allow it to update and have the 1 soldier.

If this works I will have the ability to play as either soldier for the limited maps and I know the premium content will be limited to the new account only.

Again thanks for the input, got me thinking and I think the BF1942 will be a good test before I buy the premium.

Message 5 of 6 (302 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey this idea I had in mind does work.  The intention is valid online play for 2 separate registered soldiers on 1 machine. This is not a hack or violation of the agreement. I have purchased both licenses and did not want to rollup to just 1 soldier and loose the first license.

Here is how I maintained what I already have and added a second soldier....$40 last year to get the Limited license,,,and $40 this year for the brand new Premium and I have both in the separate state!!!

I accept no responsibility if it does not work out  for you. Make sure you do the copy over right and all renaming and reg keys  thoroughly. Think it through, this is very sound logic, not a hack but rather a toggle that points to which installation to use.

Offline data not in the cloud would be lost using the method below. As long as you saw it get saved up to the cloud...All is good.

It doesn't matter/have to be, but what I note is a 64 bit Windows 7 OS. This does take up more drive space and would be double the timespace to patch when a patch comes out.

2 BF3 Origin registered accounts, via 2 separate email addresses = 2 separate soldiers.

I can detail this out further if someone wants to know exact detail beyond this:

-2 separate email addresses 1 each for a Origin registration, 1 Limited and 1 Premium.

-Made a copy of the original game install, I have this on a D:..So the sub folder just has to be a different name to be referenced later.

Limited        -D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited

Premium     -D:\\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3

Export the original reg key, then made a copy, then altered the path to match each install.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3

-BF3-Limited.reg

-BF3-Premium.reg

With the Origin not resident, execute the reg key merge to set the path Origin will see as the version to use.

Execute Origin, logon using the email address registered for the version desired to play. [Limited]

Play.

To switch, exit the game, close the browser, close Origin completely.

Execute the reg key to merge the other folder as resident for Origin to use.

Execute Origin, use the other email account to logon [Premium]

Play.

Here is the body of the reg key that you would be saving and then executing to merge. My settings, yours would be similar. The double backslashes are cuz it is for the registry.

EXPORT YOUR OWN these are for example only.

BF3-Limited.reg

"GDFBinary"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited\\GDFBinary_en_US.dll"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Install Dir"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3 Limited\\"

BF3-Premium.reg

"GDFBinary"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3\\GDFBinary_en_US.dll"

"Locale"="en_US"

"Install Dir"="D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Battlefield 3\\"

On your intial logon for the 2nd or premium, it does take a while to update that copy of the limited account. The cloud data will take care of the gameexplorer and product guid for you.

Again this works for me, but I fully understand the registry and how this game uses the cloud. I accept no responsibility if it does not work out  for you. Make sure you do the copy over right and all renaming and reg keys  thoroughly.

This maintained my limited key separate from my newly purchased Premium key. I wanted this way and yes the second account or Premium did star that soldier over at level 1. But the limited key stayed at the level he was/is at...Just like I desired.

Thanks for the input -C but yours did not give a solution..This however is NOW a solution.

Message 6 of 6 (297 Views)