Re: Battlelog doesn't recognize BF3 (Requires Battlefield 3 - "To play on this server you need Battlefield 3")

by twinlandfill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog doesn't recognize BF3 (Requires Battlefield 3 - "To play on this server you need Battlefield 3")

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi.

Recently I bought Battlefield 3 Premium Edition via Origin. Origin downloaded and installed the game.

If I click on "Play" in Origin, my browser logs on to Battlelog.

No matter what mode I choose, every time a popup shows up w/ the message "Requires Battlefield 3 - To play on this server you need Battlefield 3".

I can't join any server, can't play coop or singleplayer.

I've reinstalled the game twice w/o success.

Curious:

1. I can play MoHW for weeks

2. Battlelog -> "Home" tab -> click on "BF3 BUY GAME" = Battlefield 3 Premium and the expansion packs have gray buttons w/ "YOU OWN THIS"

Please help. I've send this to EA support, but they don't answer.

Thx.

Message 1 of 30 (16,294 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog doesn't recognize BF3 (Requires Battlefield 3 - "To play on this server you need Battlefield 3")

★★★ Newbie

Oh My God I found the fix and I can't believe it was that. You have to go to its info and copy the product key and redeem it so that you own the game. I can't believe it was that easy. -_-

View in thread

Message 4 of 30 (18,099 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. So may I ask have you found a fix yet?

[UPDATE]: They said that the bank was still processing the payment so I can guess we'll just have to wait.

Message 2 of 30 (16,234 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

No reply for four days, nice 24 hour support.

Reinstalled the game the third time, same problem. Battlelog doesn't recognize the game, can't start sp, mp or coop.

Message 3 of 30 (16,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh My God I found the fix and I can't believe it was that. You have to go to its info and copy the product key and redeem it so that you own the game. I can't believe it was that easy. -_-

Message 4 of 30 (18,100 Views)

★ Novice

@twinlandfill wrote:

Where do you  redeem it? If I go into Origin--->Redeem Product Code the redeem-window shows up. I enter the code, get another window that says "confirm product for <my email adress>. I hit 'next' and get another window that tells me "this code has already been used".

So far I've wasted 3 hours and $40 trying to get this thing to work.

Has EA games ever heard of this thing called 'Steam"? it's been around for a while, works pretty well. Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 5 of 30 (16,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1) Is it a Digital Copy or Disk?

2)Did you copy the Product code under info for Battlefield 3 and paste that into redeem code.

3)If you go to Battlelog does it say you have access to Battlefield 3?

Message 6 of 30 (16,184 Views)

★ Novice

@twinlandfill wrote:

1) Is it a Digital Copy or Disk?

2)Did you copy the Product code under info for Battlefield 3 and paste that into redeem code.

3)If you go to Battlelog does it say you have access to Battlefield 3?

1. Disc version.

2. Yes I did. Also tried typing it in from the sheet that came in the DVD-case, both with and without dashes.

3. Nope, if I hit play, it takes me to battlelog. No matter what game-mode I select, a window pops up telling me "To play on this server you need Battlefield 3".

Message 7 of 30 (16,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1)Is the disk inserted when you try to play?

2)When your at Battlelog, goto home and does it say anywhere you have access to Battlefield 3? (If so then you should be able to play)

3)What copy did you buy. (Battlefield 3, Battlefield 3:Limited Edition, or Battlefield 3 Premium Edition).
4)Were you sure it was the product code: http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa350/TitaniumViper/Untitled_zps0d2a1080.png

4b)Case Sensitive?

5)Is Battlefield 3 in your Game Library on Origin? If not then add it and try redeeming it again.

6)If all else fails goto https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Preferablly say something along the lines of this:

[ I bought the disc copy of (Battlefield 3 edition you bought). When I try to redeem its code to play it, it tells me that the product key has been used. Whenever I try accessing muliplayer through Battlelog it tells me that it requires Battlefield 3.  ]

Hopefully they'll help you and get you a new code.

Message 8 of 30 (16,168 Views)

★ Novice

1. Yes. Whether I insert disc 1, disc 2, or no disc at all it makes no difference

2. No, it just says 'buy now'

3. Battlefield 3, the plain version.

4. Yes, I'm sure

5. Yes it is

6. Well. thanks. They don't happen to have an email adress or anything?

Message 9 of 30 (16,147 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! I know you posted this a while ago, but thanks again.

It is just ridiculous that you even have to do this

Message 10 of 30 (14,887 Views)