by NoxBishop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog Web Plugin Broken, Battlefield 3 Won't Launch, and Origin Crash

★★★ Novice

The technical problems come from this Battlelog Forum post:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625518954471/

But I will repost here for convenience:
*When I go to join a server it asks me to download and install the Battlelog Web Plugin, from my knowledge I thought I had the latest version, and it didn't come up with the Blue Tab when I loaded up Battlelog, which I thought was strange. Anyway, I click on 'Open Game Manager' and it shows up with everything up-to-date.

I tried the techniques in this thread: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348504291342/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] 

Of which doesn't work, now I am legitimately without the Battlelog Web Plugin, I've returned to Battlelog and the Blue Update Tab hasn't shown up and I still cannot join a server.
I've logged in and out of Origin to see if it would update when I found another bug...

*Battlefield 3 won't launch.
I checked to see if there was any corrupted or missing files, which downloaded 170KB of files; but still doesn't launch.
I've never, after every bug that has happened, have never had to reinstall Battlefield 3; and I'm NOT going to download the 20GB of patches and DLC now.
I've also checked Task Manager to see if the bf3.exe process was running, which it isn't.

*Also at one point, not sure how to replicate it; but while Battlelog was open, I tried to launch Battlefield 3 and Origin crashed. 
Edit: For the Origin crashing, it seems that if you open Battlefield 3 more than once, maybe 3 times from the launch failing it will happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Edit: I also used techniques from here as well after reading this and finding I should delete it from C:/Program Files(x86): https://help.ea.com/article/could-not-launch-game-please-make-sure-game-is-installed-correctly-error...

I was able to re-download the Battlelog Web Plugin, but still doesn't work. I have some screenshots, but they aren't that useful overall.

After I try to join a server (I tried a couple) It starts asking me for the Plugin, I go to click on Open Game Manager and everytime I do, the Blue Update Tab flashes once (1 frame). I restarted Internet Explorer and still doesn't work.

Overall, Battlefield 3 is utterly broken, and I'm annoyed about it. I just hope that Battlefield 4 is much more reliable and stable than this iteration of Battlefield. I consider Battlefield 3 the Vista to Battlefield 4's Windows 7.

Message 1 of 5 (16,808 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlelog Web Plugin Broken, Battlefield 3 Won't Launch, and Origin Crash

★★★ Novice

~Solved~

No thanks to you guys, I was able to fix at least the first problem.

I had to disable one of my Add-Ons: 'RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer Publisher'

It fixed the Battlelog problem, but the launching part was a bit different...

Once I was able to open a server through Battlelog, it would launch ONLY if Origin isn't open yet. If it was then Battlefield 3 wouldn't launch and Origin would crash.

It's pretty simple really, just use Battlelog directly.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (17,509 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

~Solved~

No thanks to you guys, I was able to fix at least the first problem.

I had to disable one of my Add-Ons: 'RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer Publisher'

It fixed the Battlelog problem, but the launching part was a bit different...

Once I was able to open a server through Battlelog, it would launch ONLY if Origin isn't open yet. If it was then Battlefield 3 wouldn't launch and Origin would crash.

It's pretty simple really, just use Battlelog directly.

Message 2 of 5 (17,510 Views)

★ Novice

me also

can't understand why we need a third party to run the games we bought only to have Origin screw  up he games

Message 3 of 5 (8,922 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3rd game I have got from EA.2 of them Don't work I am not buying games from your web site anylonger. I'll only buy hard disk from now on. Moneys out the window.

Message 4 of 5 (7,756 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll have a go. I just want play the game for a bit and get on with my day. It's consuming my life trying to get the game to launch consistently. I did do a reinstall, it worked the first time, but not for a week, until today, when I accidently launched a multiplayer game. Then it crashed, and won't launch any more...

Message 5 of 5 (6,749 Views)