by OneEighteenDan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlelog Web Plugin Broken, Battlefield 3 Won't Launch, and Origin Crash

★★★★ Novice

The technical problems come from this Battlelog Forum post:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654625518954471/

But I will repost here for convenience:
*When I go to join a server it asks me to download and install the Battlelog Web Plugin, from my knowledge I thought I had the latest version, and it didn't come up with the Blue Tab when I loaded up Battlelog, which I thought was strange. Anyway, I click on 'Open Game Manager' and it shows up with everything up-to-date.

I tried the techniques in this thread: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348504291342/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] 

Of which doesn't work, now I am legitimately without the Battlelog Web Plugin, I've returned to Battlelog and the Blue Update Tab hasn't shown up and I still cannot join a server.
I've logged in and out of Origin to see if it would update when I found another bug...

*Battlefield 3 won't launch.
I checked to see if there was any corrupted or missing files, which downloaded 170KB of files; but still doesn't launch.
I've never, after every bug that has happened, have never had to reinstall Battlefield 3; and I'm NOT going to download the 20GB of patches and DLC now.
I've also checked Task Manager to see if the bf3.exe process was running, which it isn't.

*Also at one point, not sure how to replicate it; but while Battlelog was open, I tried to launch Battlefield 3 and Origin crashed. 
Edit: For the Origin crashing, it seems that if you open Battlefield 3 more than once, maybe 3 times from the launch failing it will happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Edit: I also used techniques from here as well after reading this and finding I should delete it from C:/Program Files(x86): https://help.ea.com/article/could-not-launch-game-please-make-sure-game-is-installed-correctly-error...

I was able to re-download the Battlelog Web Plugin, but still doesn't work. I have some screenshots, but they aren't that useful overall.

After I try to join a server (I tried a couple) It starts asking me for the Plugin, I go to click on Open Game Manager and everytime I do, the Blue Update Tab flashes once (1 frame). I restarted Internet Explorer and still doesn't work.

Overall, Battlefield 3 is utterly broken, and I'm annoyed about it. I just hope that Battlefield 4 is much more reliable and stable than this iteration of Battlefield. I consider Battlefield 3 the Vista to Battlefield 4's Windows 7.

Message 1 of 5 (14,215 Views)

Re: Battlelog Web Plugin Broken, Battlefield 3 Won't Launch, and Origin Crash

★★★★ Novice

~Solved~

No thanks to you guys, I was able to fix at least the first problem.

I had to disable one of my Add-Ons: 'RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer Publisher'

It fixed the Battlelog problem, but the launching part was a bit different...

Once I was able to open a server through Battlelog, it would launch ONLY if Origin isn't open yet. If it was then Battlefield 3 wouldn't launch and Origin would crash.

It's pretty simple really, just use Battlelog directly.

Message 2 of 5 (14,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice

me also

can't understand why we need a third party to run the games we bought only to have Origin screw  up he games

Message 3 of 5 (6,334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3rd game I have got from EA.2 of them Don't work I am not buying games from your web site anylonger. I'll only buy hard disk from now on. Moneys out the window.

Message 4 of 5 (5,168 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll have a go. I just want play the game for a bit and get on with my day. It's consuming my life trying to get the game to launch consistently. I did do a reinstall, it worked the first time, but not for a week, until today, when I accidently launched a multiplayer game. Then it crashed, and won't launch any more...

Message 5 of 5 (4,161 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

~Solved~

No thanks to you guys, I was able to fix at least the first problem.

I had to disable one of my Add-Ons: 'RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer Publisher'

It fixed the Battlelog problem, but the launching part was a bit different...

Once I was able to open a server through Battlelog, it would launch ONLY if Origin isn't open yet. If it was then Battlefield 3 wouldn't launch and Origin would crash.

It's pretty simple really, just use Battlelog directly.

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

AHQ Origin Game Giveaway

We’re giving away games on Origin to helpful AHQ community members!

Find out more