Battlefield3 show DirectX function failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL under WIndows8.1

by edwardwu022

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield3 show DirectX function failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL under WIndows8.1

★★★ Newbie

Hi 

I upgrade my computer to Windows8.1 on yesterday and change system language area to Taiwan.

And I can't launch Battlefield3 anymore by Origin and system show below error message:

DirectX function "m_dxgiFactory->CreateSwapChain( m_device,&sd, &m_swapChain.assignGet())" failed

with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL

I have try to launch Battlefield3 on other Windows8.1 system but this message is occur again.

I also re-install system by pure Windows8.1 but this message still occur after change system language area.

But this problem be solve by change system language area to US.

Could you help me to clarify this problem?

Message 1 of 16 (72,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield3 show DirectX function failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL under WIndows8.1

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey,

I'm having the same problem.

WHich setting option are you refer to as "Language Area"?

Is it the language of Windows, or location setting under Region in control panal?

Thanks a lot!

------------------------------------------

Update:

OK, I think I understand your solution now

Control panel -> Time, Launguage and Region -> Region -> Administrative tab

Change Language for non-Unicode programs To English(US)

And DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL error will no longer appear...

View in thread

Message 9 of 16 (84,061 Views)

All Replies

Re: Battlefield3 show DirectX function failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL under WIndows8.1

Hero

Just to be completely sure. You only have that DirectX error when your Windows language is set to Taiwanese?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 16 (72,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have do some check and the DirectX failed seems occur when I change to Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese area.

Battlefield3 can be launched and played after change system language area to English US.

Please help me to solve this problem .... I don't wanna to install OS again .... thanks.

Message 3 of 16 (72,038 Views)

Hero

I really don't know why language would effect the DirectX installation. Perhaps it's a bug with 8.1 - it's not released yet so there could be some localization isssues I guess. You are using RTM and not preview right?

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 16 (72,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, the Windows8.1 version is RTM.

So .... it seems without any solve so far, is it right?

Message 5 of 16 (72,033 Views)

Hero

No sorry, have never heard of Windows language effecting anything like this.

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 16 (72,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also on win 8.1, my language is english though I changed the system locale to chinese (just that english system sucks at supporting multilanguage usage) and have the same error

Message 7 of 16 (72,016 Views)

Hero

You should report the but on Battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955064762159285271/ - that's the primary source from which Dice gets their bugreports.

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 16 (72,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey,

I'm having the same problem.

WHich setting option are you refer to as "Language Area"?

Is it the language of Windows, or location setting under Region in control panal?

Thanks a lot!

------------------------------------------

Update:

OK, I think I understand your solution now

Control panel -> Time, Launguage and Region -> Region -> Administrative tab

Change Language for non-Unicode programs To English(US)

And DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL error will no longer appear...

Message 9 of 16 (84,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue's here. I just have upgraded to Win8.1 RTM from Win8, OS language is English but I am using Chinese for Location Non-Unicode Progream setting, BF3 lanuch failed with a DXGIfactory createswapchain error.

Message 10 of 16 (71,865 Views)