Battlefield 3 shows white screen in windowed mode in Campaign, and Multiplayer too

by IDaVe_CQCI

Original Post

Battlefield 3 shows white screen in windowed mode in Campaign, and Multiplayer too

★★ Apprentice

Hi! I Have a problem with Battlefield 3. I Downloaded the game from Origin, and when i start the game (From Battlelog)

The Battlelog Shows: INITIALIZING. , Then BF3 Window is comes up but its only show White Screen in Windowed mode.

This Problem is are in Single-Multi-Player too, And also ALL Frostbite 2 Powered Games for me. Frostbite 3 Games Like Battlefield 4 are working fine, And Frostbite 1 games like Bad Company 2 are working fine too, But the Frostbite 2 games:

Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 3 are not. These game are only shows white/or black screen.

-If anyone can Solve this problem for me pls respond! Sorry for my bad english im from Hungary.

-Thanks for the Help! 

Message 1 of 8 (5,913 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 shows white screen in windowed mode in Campaign, and Multiplayer too

Hero (Retired)

Hi IDaVe_CQCI try this...

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If the above fails try this below...

Latest version of DirectX see this page
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Reinstall Microsoft C++
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF3 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF3 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF3 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF3 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF3
4- When done go test your game.

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 & BF3 issues. Did I try and help you @ all? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 2 of 8 (5,896 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 shows white screen in windowed mode in Campaign, and Multiplay

★★★ Newbie

Hey, guys. I have the same problem, but I'm not sure if removing BF3 folder is a good idea. If I remove it and I'll repair the game, will BF3 folder install again?

Message 3 of 8 (4,957 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 shows white screen in windowed mode in Campaign, and Multiplay

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Player_huobspvn, Yes the folder will install again once you run repair game and join a game to test but be sure to do all the steps I posted as they all kind of tie into each other to fix this issue. The first set of steps alone may fix this so do them then test if it does not then remove the BF4 my documents folder and put it on your desktop for now so if it does not work you can put it back :] 

Message 4 of 8 (4,949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wait a second. Do you want me to remove the folder from the computer, or do you want me to get the folder out of My Documents and place it on the desktop? And I forgot to say that I installed Windows 10, will the game run on that system?

Message 5 of 8 (4,937 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Player_huobspvn ... get the folder out of My Documents and place it on the desktop? Yes :]

As for windows 10 yes it should work. I do not use it and have spent the last hr removing the Microsoft win 10 install off of this PC lol. I do know others who use it and play BF3 and BF4 I think depending on the hardware in your PC and drivers updates etc if it will make a problem or not. Best to be sure everything is up to date on the PC for win 10. 

Message 6 of 8 (4,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i found the solution. Just close MSI afterburner if you have it running on the background.

Message 7 of 8 (2,983 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (2,897 Views)