Battlefield 3: "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully"

by Warrenx1

Original Post

Battlefield 3: "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully"

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys,

So I got Battlefield 3 back in Spring of 2012, and it was working great, I had some issues, but cleaning out my case solved them. I stopped playing BF3 in July, and have since come back to it to find I cannot play it anymore. Everytime I attempt to play a game (campaign, multiplayer, etc.) I will get to the "level loading" screen, and just before I would normally click "deploy" I am instead met by a black screen and a crash to desktop with a windows notification saying, "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully." I have done everything I can think of under the sun to fix this, replace drivers (using clean install methods), disable audio, re-update all drivers (sound too), disable firewalls/antivirus, power blow out the case and components, monitored temperatures, benchmarked GPU/CPU (futuremark: passed), memtest RAM (memtest86: passed), checked psu voltages, underclock video card (and increase fan speed), and lastly I have actually installed windows again, and the problem still persists. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

System Specifications:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3400MHz

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 @ 875/1200MHz

RAM: 2 x 2Gig DDR3 Gskill @ 2000MHz

PSU: Antec 550W ATX 12V V2.2

MB: MSI 880GM-E35

*I do not have any problems with any other games that I play (typically on max settings)* 

Thank you for your time again!

Message 1 of 3 (659 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3: "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully"

Hero (Retired)

hey

tried reinstall vga drivers?

Message 2 of 3 (652 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3: "Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered successfully"

★★★ Newbie

Yah Frown

Like 4 different drivers 

Message 3 of 3 (649 Views)