Battlefield 3 never launches

by grzyboo1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 never launches

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have just downloaded the BF3 game and i can't play it. When I press the game icon / try to run if from origin, my browser just opens http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ and nothing more happens. I don't have battlefield in my windows process manager. In fact i can say nothing more. Just game does not launch at all. Hope it can be easily fixed and waiting for help.

Message 1 of 5 (209 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 3 never launches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When you launch BF3, it will take you to the BF3 website and that is where you can choose to launch the game. If you want to play the campaign, click the campaign tab, if you want to play multiplayer, click the multiplayer tab and go through the server browser.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (210 Views)

★★ Novice

Okey this that u are kicked/dissconected hpw oftern does it happen? Everytime that you logon to a game or was it just that once? It could have been the server that you were on, or you didnt play by the rules set to that server which you were on. If it happens everytime it could be 1 of 2 things,

1st your origen uses its clowed data like every few min to update ur status and ive found that it oftern causes my ping to sky rocket and then i get disconnected/kick because of my ping being to high. Its a real irratation but when it asks you what data type to use for the clowed data thingy select local data it should help, it does for me.

2nd Make sure you dont have any programs in the backround open that could slow your pc down cause that also kicks in a dissconection/kicked thingy. I and sometimes its just trial and error some servers work for you and some dont. For your sake i know what it feels like, Im level 30+ already but ive only managed to finish about 3 games. Hope you come right.

Hopes this helps, if it does or if you feel ive been helpful u know what to do.  

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (193 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When you launch BF3, it will take you to the BF3 website and that is where you can choose to launch the game. If you want to play the campaign, click the campaign tab, if you want to play multiplayer, click the multiplayer tab and go through the server browser.

Message 2 of 5 (211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I see the point. When I wrote this post no single tab was working, now I've played campaign game and 1 multiplayer server. But still there is a problem.

I played really short at this server. I was kicked with information "Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out." What might be wrong?

Message 3 of 5 (186 Views)

★★ Novice

Okey this that u are kicked/dissconected hpw oftern does it happen? Everytime that you logon to a game or was it just that once? It could have been the server that you were on, or you didnt play by the rules set to that server which you were on. If it happens everytime it could be 1 of 2 things,

1st your origen uses its clowed data like every few min to update ur status and ive found that it oftern causes my ping to sky rocket and then i get disconnected/kick because of my ping being to high. Its a real irratation but when it asks you what data type to use for the clowed data thingy select local data it should help, it does for me.

2nd Make sure you dont have any programs in the backround open that could slow your pc down cause that also kicks in a dissconection/kicked thingy. I and sometimes its just trial and error some servers work for you and some dont. For your sake i know what it feels like, Im level 30+ already but ive only managed to finish about 3 games. Hope you come right.

Hopes this helps, if it does or if you feel ive been helpful u know what to do.  

Message 4 of 5 (194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Restarted PC etc. Now everything seems to work fine. Thanks for your replies Wink

Message 5 of 5 (168 Views)