Battlefield 3 install gets stuck on Origin

by peaandham2009

Original Post

Battlefield 3 install gets stuck on Origin

★ Novice

Hi there,

I just bought a hard copy of Battlefield 3, started install but before i can install the game I have to install Origin apprently.

Get to the pop up for Origin and it says I need an account, I tried creating one through that screen but no go as after I put my birhtday in neither the cancel on continue link works.

So I went online through Mozilla created the account, verified the email and what not but to continue the installation another pop up comes up asking me If I want to change my avater or screen name, however when I click Next that link still doesnt work so now im stuck on that part.

Help please.

Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 install gets stuck on Origin

★ Novice

Dont worry I got it sorted.

The issue seemed to be with the hyperlinks on the latest version of Origin and since I had no logged in before I needed to go through those hyperlinks.

Solution? Download the old 8.2 Origin Version, install it with the internet disconnected so it cant update, reconnect the internet when you get to the log in screen, log in as per normal, the next page is different to the one on the latest version and actually works, so log in. Then run battlefield 3 install, go through the Origin install but this time when you log in it doesnt ask you for anything.

A game this new should not be this hard to install, EA Games you dissapoint me.

Message 2 of 2 (129 Views)