Battlefield 3 Update 1.09 Playstation 3 Error

by Bosanskitornjak

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 Update 1.09 Playstation 3 Error

★★ Novice

Are you freakin' kidding me,first I bought BF3 for the PC,through tons of errors,glitches,crashes,I somehow managed to play the game.In the near past I had a problem with "No packet flow" or something like that,searched like 2 months for help,neither punkbuster,nor ea,nor dice didn't help me solve it,but somehow it managed itself.Right now I can't open BF3,when I click on the game nothing happens,when I open Battlelog directly and take a server,it's stuck at "Joining server",I reinstalled Windows,I reinstalled BF3,reinstalled Origin,reinstalled battlelog,nothing helped.Although I'm a very tolerant person this has gone too far,I couldn't stand the PC version anymore tons of "REAL PROBLEMS" and unforunately tons of "WANNABE FIXES",so I got the game for the PS3,and guess what,yep that's right I can't play the game,such a suprise.I'm stuck at that inhumane update,a 2GB update is just ridicolous for the PS3,I mean on PC that's no problem,I'm downloading 1mbps on my PC,but I think my PS3 doesn't even go over 100kbps.The update always crashes,no mater if it's on 11%,13%,35%,40% or 90% it just crashes.Judging my "PC" experiences I can surely expect some fixes that relate my "Oh-so-router",just to say I don't even have a router,I'm using a modem,so please if you already offer a fix,please don't make it to be one of those "port-forward" fixes.I just want to play the game,nothing more I gave lots of money for it,so I can atleast expect the game to work if nothing more,I can't wait for another miracle to happen and fix it just like the "No packet flow".Excuse my type of wording in this one,but you surely understand how I feel.
Thanks in advance for any type of help.

Message 1 of 4 (654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 3 Update 1.09 Playstation 3 Error

You seem to have several problems at work here on two different platforms.  For your PC problem can you post your PC specs?  Can you also post any error codes or error messages verbatim so we can see what is going on. The first step that I recommend since your BF3 is not responsive is to open your PC origin client, right click the BF3 icon and select repair.  Allow the repair process to complete and try to run it again.  Also which browser are you using to join a server on battlelog?

Regarind your PS3 downloading woes how is it connected to the internet, did you connect it to your modem with a cat5 cable?  Have you shut your modem down and restarted it lately since that usually helps with your connnection if done periodically just like with a router.  Also be advised that with a 100KBS connection you may have connectivity and lag problems when trying to play multiplayer games online.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (689 Views)

All Replies

You seem to have several problems at work here on two different platforms.  For your PC problem can you post your PC specs?  Can you also post any error codes or error messages verbatim so we can see what is going on. The first step that I recommend since your BF3 is not responsive is to open your PC origin client, right click the BF3 icon and select repair.  Allow the repair process to complete and try to run it again.  Also which browser are you using to join a server on battlelog?

Regarind your PS3 downloading woes how is it connected to the internet, did you connect it to your modem with a cat5 cable?  Have you shut your modem down and restarted it lately since that usually helps with your connnection if done periodically just like with a router.  Also be advised that with a 100KBS connection you may have connectivity and lag problems when trying to play multiplayer games online.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 2 of 4 (690 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried repairing,didn't work,I tried Chrome,IE,and Mozila none of them worked,and about the PS3 somehow it managed to download,played some games,and yep,of course there's more.Everytime in the middle of a match,my weapon disappears when I deploy,I coudln't handle it anymore,so I broke the game and threw it into the trash,switching to Call of Duty,the 15 minutes of BF3 gameplay since it came out were really nice.
Anyway,thanks for the reply,but I think that some force doesn't want me to play Battlefield 3,I'm going to accept it as a solution.

Message 3 of 4 (646 Views)

Regarding the weapon disappearing that is unfortunately an old issue that also appeard in MoHW and BF4 in addition to BF3.  When that happens I hit the triangle button to switch weapons, it will hesitate,then my arms appear and I have a pistol.  I hit triangle again and my rifle swaps at normal speed.  Next time that happens try that.

On the PC front if you can post your PC specs and maybe a dixdiag we maybe able to see if there is a problem.  Also is you PC updated with all of the latest windows updates?  Do you have any popup blockers, script blockers, or flash blockers in your browser since all of these will prevent batlelog from functioning properly and prevent the game from launching.

Message 4 of 4 (642 Views)