Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Crashing Problem

by yaskaefendi

Original Post

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Crashing Problem

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Me and one of my friends have bought battlefield 3 premium edition on Origin.

1) We suffer a crashing problem which happens in 1-2 minutes everytime in multiplayer and campaign.

2) We have found loading times too much in multiplayer.

We have enough hardware for game and want to know how to fix these problems.

In fact, we have used to play Call Of Duty for many years, but we decided to join Battlefield community and at the first try we have suffered these disturbing problems.we will be very pleased by your help about this topics.

Thanks

Cuneyt

Message 1 of 2 (560 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Crashing Problem

Community Manager (retired)

Hi yaskaefendi!

At first, please provide us some information about your system specs.

I give you some troubleshooting workarounds, please let us know if any of this steps helped you. Try to launch the game after every tried step.

1.- Download and install the latest version of Origin (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well) -> www.origin.com/download

Please be sure that you are using the latest version of origin and BF3, try to play the game on the default graphic settings and update your latest video-card driver. In some cases, older or other driver builds can solve this problem. Disable all additional functions in your graphic card software and set the preferences there to "performance". Try to launch the game, if the issue is solved, you can add preferences from step to step (sometimes it is just one feature what causing issues).

2.- Go to your Origin client and there to "My Games". Click on the Battlefield Icon with -> rightclick; choose "Repair Install"

3.- Disable your Onboard Sound Card: 

1. Go to your Start Menu and select "Control Panel". 
  2. Select "Device Manager" 
  3. Locate your Sound Card and double click. 
  4. Go to the "Driver" tab and select "Disable". 

NOTE: This step will turn off your sound if you only have an onboard sound card. To turn back on walk through those same steps and choose "Enable". A couple of players reported that this step helped to resolve their problem. 

4.- Update your Network Integration Card (NIC): 

1. Start -> Computer -> System Properties -> Device Manager 
  2. Locate your NIC card under Network Adapters 
  3. Right-Click and Select "Update Driver Software. 
  4. Walk through the prompts (typically "Next" -> "Install the sofware automatically" -> "Next") 
  5. Reboot may be required after successful update.

I hope this workaround can help to resolve your problem. If not, please let us now!

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 2 (538 Views)