Battlefield 3 Multiplier Not working In PS3 (Code Problems)

by huntersniper1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 3 Multiplier Not working In PS3 (Code Problems)

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought a brand new Battlefield 3, I tried to use the code that came with the CD however it didn't work. After searching for long time I found out that the code is nolonger redeemed through PSN/Battlefield 3 , instead I found out that I need to download a free Online Pass Code from PSN due to change in regulations and stuff from EA's side. Anyway, after I downloaded the Pass, the Battlefield 3 Feed worked. However, the Multiplier still didn't work. I tried everything that I can think of from this point onwards, but I failed to solve the problem. Please help, it's the 1st EA game for PS3 that I buy and it is really bad for the reputation of a company to have such a horrible code registering system. I mean honestly it's really confusing and I am really angry, i feel like smashing the ps3 and TV that's how mad I am at the moment Angry.  

Message 1 of 4 (2,933 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 3 Multiplier Not working In PS3 (Code Problems)

★★★ Newbie

i Actually found the solution and my BF3 MP is working fine and great now, here is how to fix it, i found the answer over here thanks to majinmax72:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield/quot-BATTLEFIELD-3-ONLINE-PASS-CHECK-PROBLEM-quot...

"Problem:

Unable to play online multiplayer game for the first time. Errror like " online pass check failed please try again later"

Unable to redeem code provided with your bf3 game. Getting messages like "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid"

Uable to log in to Battlelog for the first time or you logged in during beta but now you are not able to do so. Even if you are able to log in to. profile.ea.com. or origin website.

Every problem above can be solved by a single solution.UniSolutional problem

The thing is you have to make sure that your the region(europe,asia,U.S etc) that you put in you PSN account is same as the region from where you have brought the BF3 Game.

Like one guy live in Africa. He got BF3 shipped from U.S and has PSN username registered with european reagion. It won't work.

But Don't worry nothing complex you have to do.

STEP 1ee from where your BF3 game is shipped from. If you cannot figure it out. See the back of paper printed manual you foung in game box. As mine is european. European countries helpline numbers are written so its European Region.

STEP 2:Next make a temporary psn id(obviously on ps3) having the same region as you found the region from where the game was shipped in previous step. Now log In with temporary psn id(obviosuly on ps3) and go to ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT0->REDEEM CODE. Enter the "Online Pass" code. You'll be directed to psn store. A 100kb pass to be installed. Do it yourself.

STEP 3: Now log in with your original psn id(Obviously....) Open BF3. IT will check profile and will display anything starting with "congratulation or successfully" ."

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,279 Views)

All Replies

Have you gone into your purcahse\download history and tried to re-download the free online pass?  Often times people purchase the free online pass or redeem a code successfully but do not download the online pass to their HDD and re-downloading it solves the error. 

As far as I know the code included with your new game should still redeem on the PSN.  You can also speak with a Game Advisor  about this issue since it is really a code redemption issue.  You can contact a GA here:  EA Customer support:  https://help.ea.com/contact-us

I recommend that you use the telephone option and the callback option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 4 (2,930 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i Actually found the solution and my BF3 MP is working fine and great now, here is how to fix it, i found the answer over here thanks to majinmax72:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Battlefield/quot-BATTLEFIELD-3-ONLINE-PASS-CHECK-PROBLEM-quot...

"Problem:

Unable to play online multiplayer game for the first time. Errror like " online pass check failed please try again later"

Unable to redeem code provided with your bf3 game. Getting messages like "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid"

Uable to log in to Battlelog for the first time or you logged in during beta but now you are not able to do so. Even if you are able to log in to. profile.ea.com. or origin website.

Every problem above can be solved by a single solution.UniSolutional problem

The thing is you have to make sure that your the region(europe,asia,U.S etc) that you put in you PSN account is same as the region from where you have brought the BF3 Game.

Like one guy live in Africa. He got BF3 shipped from U.S and has PSN username registered with european reagion. It won't work.

But Don't worry nothing complex you have to do.

STEP 1ee from where your BF3 game is shipped from. If you cannot figure it out. See the back of paper printed manual you foung in game box. As mine is european. European countries helpline numbers are written so its European Region.

STEP 2:Next make a temporary psn id(obviously on ps3) having the same region as you found the region from where the game was shipped in previous step. Now log In with temporary psn id(obviosuly on ps3) and go to ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT0->REDEEM CODE. Enter the "Online Pass" code. You'll be directed to psn store. A 100kb pass to be installed. Do it yourself.

STEP 3: Now log in with your original psn id(Obviously....) Open BF3. IT will check profile and will display anything starting with "congratulation or successfully" ."

Message 3 of 4 (3,280 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for your help though ragn greatly appreciated ^_^

Message 4 of 4 (2,924 Views)