Battlefield 3 - Game will not launch

by auphliam

Original Post

Battlefield 3 - Game will not launch

★★ Novice

I downloaded and installed the game as instructed. Registered successfully on gamefly and Origin. When I click 'Play', the BF3 browser launches okay. When I try to play (Campaign, Co-Op or Multiplayer), I get the Game Manager popup that says 'Initializing' for a minute or so, then just goes away. The actual game never launches. No errors, the game just doesn't launch.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled everything three times, to no success. Same result every time. I have also verified Firewall settings are correct to allow access to Gamefly, Origin and Battlefield 3. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (17,917 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 - Game will not launch

Hero (Retired)

hey try those fixes written in here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Tutorials-Game-not-Launching-Game-Not-Loading-etc/m-p/110706#...

we need more details: what is your pc specs? did you tried reinstall origin also running origin as administrator:

right click on the desktop shortcut for Origin,,

go to properties > compatibility tab > check off run as administrator > apply

and restart origin..( i restart whole pc just in case) and try again and let us know what happens.

try this:

go to settings in origin, then scroll down!!

1) Uncheck use cloud storage for all games
2) Delete settings folder in C:/Users/your name/My documents/Battlefield 3 (you can make a copy to save in case)
3) It should now work

Message 2 of 9 (17,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've tried them all. I'm running Win7 64bit. Intell Q6600 Quad Core @ 2.4 GHz with 4 gigs of RAM. Dual ATI Radeon HD3870 video cards at 512 a piece.

I have completely uninstalled/resintalled the gamefly client, Origin and the game itself, 3 times.

As unlikely as it might seem after 3 attempts, I think something is failing either during the download or install (or both). My system does not have the tradmarked folder as indicated in the tutorial or the Settings folder in the My Doc location.

Message 3 of 9 (17,816 Views)

★★ Novice

So I installed it on a different computer running 32 bit Win7 and a quad core...first it tells me my video drivers are out of date (they weren't) and now it tells me my Direct version (which is currently 11) needs to be at least 10.1

This game is junk. I just want to play a goddam game. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Message 4 of 9 (17,806 Views)

★★ Novice

i hear yah i bought the best of the best computer and bf3 guess what bf3 not working..spend good money on these things and here i sit no game to play when are they gonna fix this?

Message 5 of 9 (17,801 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah...about 20 threads on here for the game not launching. I won't hold my breath on a fix. Just hope they aren't holding their breath on me buying another EA/Origin game. Maybe I'm supposed to just be happy to have sacrificed $40 at the EA altar. NOT!

Message 6 of 9 (17,790 Views)

★★ Novice

i hear yah brother i am tired of this everyday come home hope to be able to get past log in and nothing..60.00 down the drain.

Message 7 of 9 (17,783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can right click on the game in origin and click on 'repair.'

That worked for me.

Regards

avidnarutofan

Message 8 of 9 (3,803 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right click on the game in origin, click on repair.

Voila.

Message 9 of 9 (3,802 Views)