BF3 freezing and crashing

by Skaxen

Original Post

BF3 freezing and crashing

★★ Novice

Problem:
For the past few days i'm unable to play the game, the game would freeze and then crash about 1-2 minutes after i would enter the server.
While i'm playing the game my processor is working around 90%-100% which is normal for me, and when the game would freeze the sound from the last second would repeat and my processor would constantly work at 100% until the game would crash.
Itought it was becouse of some big action in the game, but i threw a granade under my feeta nd it didn't crash yet again the game would freeze (most often) when someone killed me (after the dying animation of me falling on the ground).
My ram or my hard disk wasn't full at any thime of the game

Specs:
AMD radeon hd 7750 xfx core edition
Intel pentium dual core e 5700 3.0 GHz
5 gb ram (4gb g skill + 1gb kingston both 1333 mhz)
I also boost my game with razer cortex (game booster) because of the weak processor

I tried:
Repairing the game
Re-installing the game
uninstalling the game and deleting the installer and then downloading the game again
Pulling out the 1gb ram (the last time everything was ok i only had the 4gb)
Re-installing origin
Putting all ingame settings to default (after doing that i played for around 5 minutes before the game would freeze)
turning off steam

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: BF3 freezing and crashing

I had a recent poster who couldn't play after installing razer cortex (same symptoms as you describe) and after he removed it he could play again. I recommend to uninstall Cortex and see if you can play again after it is removed and your PC restarted.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)