BF3 WILL NOT LOAD.

by Fuzzbomber

Original Post

BF3 WILL NOT LOAD.

★★ Novice

Alright folks.  I know there are thousands of people out there who have this issue.  Lets fix it, shal we?

I can log in to Origin just fine

I can get on to Battlelog just fine.

Everything looks normal at this point.

I try to join a quick match, or play ANY type of BF3 game.... and nothing happens.

The small box at the lower left shows me a server, it says "Joining Server"  and then it dissapears.   The game does not launch.   I have updated every single driver on my computer (Alienware M15x, plenty of power to run this game) I have un-installed BF3 and re-downloaded/installed, I have tried a few of the online "fixes"  that others have reccomended because EA will not fix it themselves..... and still no BF3.   I was able to play for a short time when I first bought the game, and was enjoying it.   One morning, I try to log on, and absolutely nothign happens.   This has been this way for a total of ALMOST 4 MONTHS.   I paid 60 bucks for this game, and I am not able to play.   Now, one of two things needs to happen, and I mean immediately.   Tell me how to fix my **bleep** game, or give me back my money.   Its simple.   I'd rather have the game, but if you decide that fixing this issue is too difficult, please, by all means, send me my money back and invalidate my key. 

Lets get a real fix on this, shall we?   If not, it will be the LAST EA game I buy.   you are killing your customer base with this kind of crap.

Message 1 of 21 (8,261 Views)

Re: BF3 WILL NOT LOAD.

★★★ Newbie

Hey chap i feal ya pain

I have th esame issue with battlefield 2 as i wanted to play the vietnam maps and cant as it goes to start then BANG strait back to desktop and EA dont know what to do as they never do  ......

i think a differant machine would be an option in there eyes lol it wont be them it will be you hahahahaha basic blah blah answer from them ....

Have you tried speaking to there live chat on the Battlelog page ??

this game is just one big joke in my oppinion right now.

good luck chap

Message 2 of 21 (8,220 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi fuzzbomber!

Please be sure that you have updated your browser and installed the newest web-plugins for battlelog. You should check your latest video-card drivers. 

You should check the following ports on your router:

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Please let us now, if the problem still exist.

Cheers

Basti

Message 3 of 21 (8,211 Views)

★★ Novice

My web plugins are updated.

I have tried 3 seperate browsers.

My video card is a ATI Radeon 5850, plenty to run this game (it did in the past) and has all updated drivers installed.

All of the ports that you specified ARE OPEN.

The problem is not with battlelog or my ports.  The game simply does not launch, and gives no error.  I have tried about 10 different "fixes" off the web, and NOTHING has worked.  Battlelog states that it is "joining Server" and then that dialogue message dissapears.... and the game does not launch.  I can't even play the campagin.   The web interface was about the dumbest idea I have seen yet in a game......  And this is why.

Now what?

Message 4 of 21 (8,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too have tried a ton of fixes and am currently sending an email to tech support. I have not even been able to play the game at all! It does the exact same thing as yours but the dialogue box doesn't go away.

Message 5 of 21 (8,197 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi fuzzbomber!

I know you've gone a long road with several troubleshooting tips, but please try to add the BF3.exe to your whitelist of your firewall/antivirus software. If the BF3.exe is in the restriction list, it is a known issue that the game can stuck in the loading screen.

If that doesn't helped neither, please let us know!

Cheers and cross fingers

Basti

Message 6 of 21 (8,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

or herehttp://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

Message 7 of 21 (8,160 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, already added to my antivirus exception list, as well as updated punkbuster.  No change.

Message 8 of 21 (8,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, Just as i though, no new answers, just Like I've gotten from EA support all along.  Can't you see that this makes people ANGRY?  I Spent 60 dollars on this game and layed for a grand total of less than 24 hours.

Message 9 of 21 (8,090 Views)

Quick check: are your C++ Redistributable and .NET Framework up to date?

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 10 of 21 (8,069 Views)