Re: BF3 Freezes on Xbox One at the end of Going Hunting

by ragnarok013

Original Post

BF3 Freezes on Xbox One at the end of Going Hunting

★ Novice

I have two Xbox One consoles one at our main residence and one at our weekend place on the San Bernard river. At home at the end of the 'Going Hunting' mission when you are apparently supposed to land it just freezes and does not go on. I just came down to the weekend house and have the same exact problem so it is not the particular Xbox One apparently. I have tried all the solutions mentioned, including a good hard reset, but no joy. I have restarted the Going Hunting campaign and gone through it again and the same issue occurred. Anyone have any suggestions that work?

There is a similar thread out there but nothing mentioned there works to solve the problem.

Message 1 of 7 (1,705 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post. Can you try playing with a different gamertag? You may lose some progress but hopefully you can get back to the same part of the campaign before long.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,676 Views)

@Quark9_US wrote:

I have two Xbox One consoles one at our main residence and one at our weekend place on the San Bernard river. At home at the end of the 'Going Hunting' mission when you are apparently supposed to land it just freezes and does not go on. I just came down to the weekend house and have the same exact problem so it is not the particular Xbox One apparently. I have tried all the solutions mentioned, including a good hard reset, but no joy. I have restarted the Going Hunting campaign and gone through it again and the same issue occurred. Anyone have any suggestions that work?

There is a similar thread out there but nothing mentioned there works to solve the problem.

When I have strange issues like that on Xbone doing a hard rest usually clears it up. You can do this by holding the power button until the console shuts down, then start it back up. You'll know you did it right because the console will go through the long boot up process.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 7 (1,683 Views)

★★ Novice
Why is this marked "solved"?
Message 4 of 7 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same. Why is this marked solved?
Message 5 of 7 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So here's what I did, I'm playing on my Xbox One, I've had my Ethernet cable plugged in the entire time, I must have played that mission about 14 times the first 7 I was trying to get the achievement and the last 7 was just trying to get past that mission, I thought doing it over would do it, I did everything except unplug the cable, once I unplugged that I was able to get to the next mission. So unplug Ethernet cable if it's plugged in, if it's not plugged in, plug it in and see if that works.

Message 6 of 7 (1,008 Views)

★ Novice
I encountered the same freezing problem at the end of "going hunting"
I tried a few things ie(unplugging network cable, clearing alternative Mac ID, hard reset, restarting the mission, reinstalling) nothing worked.
What worked for me was looking at the back of the jet. I first turned right all the way, the jet scene made it further than it ever had for me but froze upon completion at the black loading screen. So I closed the game, restarted bf3 and loaded to last check point this time I turned all the way left, jet landed, screen went black but loading square in bottom right was flashing then bam! Completion screen came up beginning to load next level.
So it may or may not work for you but turning all the way around in the cockpit to the left allowed me complete the mission. I hope this works for everyone else too!
Message 7 of 7 (903 Views)