BF3 Crashing on loading screen

by uniqcolours

Original Post

BF3 Crashing on loading screen

★★ Novice

Just downloaded BF3 on my laptop yesterday, which is a GX660r (capable of running BF3) and I get crashing on the loading screen after it has the picture when it's black and it blinks in the bottom right corner and is about to load the environment, it then freezes and after a few seconds crashes to the screen with some Direct X errors such as directx "getdeviceremovedreason" and and "DRenderer::map" errors and has said battlefield is not responding. 

In campaign it does exactly the same, it launches, you click new/resume campaign, starts to load then goes to the blinking loading screen where it freezes and crashes to screen with same errors. 

I've already downloaded the correct graphics drivers for the mobility Radeon 5870, repaired BF3 and updated punkbuster. Just wanna play BF3 as my desktop has crashing problems too which I have gave up on....

Message 1 of 8 (467 Views)

Re: BF3 Crashing on loading screen

Champion

Hi there which driver version are you currently using and what operating system?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (463 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the latest drivers which you have to get from the official MSI site, They aren't great drivers but they aren't the problem as many people have them and can play battlefield without problems.

Also I've got windows 7 64bit, 6gb ram Intel Core I5 480 and a Radeon mobility 5870

Message 3 of 8 (460 Views)

Champion

well, these errors "getdeviceremovedreason" are the driver crashing. (I had the same errors on my GTX560ti) I only solved them by using a previous version of the driver.

Message 4 of 8 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't really access old drivers as it's a MSI laptop and I can't seem to find them, the last drivers they released were in 2010! people use the same computer and drivers and don't have any problems and it runs other games fine Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (453 Views)

Champion

I see, I had a quick look and had the same issue trying to find older drivers, the only other thing I could suggest, would be to uninstall the driver, reboot and reinstall it.  It could even be directx that might want updating.  but the error code is the driver crashing hence it says the device removed.

Message 6 of 8 (445 Views)

★★ Novice

I just uninstalled, restarted installed restarted and tried it, no luck, exactly the same issue than before, I've tried installing DirectX but it said that it couldn't as there was an up to date version or higher already on the system.

Anyone else got any ideas?

Remember  the main point is that it's only when the enviroment is about to load.

Message 7 of 8 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Do you still have the problem because i got the same problem just as you say it with a new laptop running windows 10.
I have tried to update, reinstall, bf3 punkbuster plug-ins everything you can imagine
Message 8 of 8 (335 Views)