Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
nandocao

BF2: Punkbuster won´t work under windows 8

Please help me !!

Punkbuster keeps kicking me out after I installed win 8. I already followed all the steps to re-install and update the PB, running PBSETUP and the other one in admin mode.

Thanks a lot.

Hero
LiBever

Re: BF2: Punkbuster won´t work under windows 8

hey if you have possibility try run it on win7

libeversig“

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, please let us know right away!

You can also contact me directly via PM here

Keeper
forest2013

Hey EA, yes, this worked on Win 7 but I think all of us out here are hoping you can pull some strings to get a fix in real quick otherwise those of us who run EA games with PunkBuster are... well, we're not playing EA games. HELP.

Keeper
th3r3alblur

This needs a fix. Fast. Seriously, the only complaint I have with BF2 is the amount of hassle it is trying to play with punkbuster. First it was Steam, now Windows 8. What a hassle.

Sentinel
embertaph

Hopefully an update to the .dll will be patched and the compatibility will be fixed soon.

Keeper
evanbohlman

yep, I've tried everything too not working with windows 8!

Keeper
xwerty

I've tried to investigate the actual process wich makes punkbuster go mad.
It's definitely a unique. Exe file for windows 8. Maybe connected to the "modern ui"?
The program(or driver) could be just anything. And i've noticed that it's at least 4 different processes/drivers.
Guess that whitelisting these processes would fix it.

Just an idea: why do not punkbuster output a process name Indstead of a pid?
Keeper
chaosuk48

Ok, so I cant play BF2, BF2142, or bad company because of punkbuster not working with win 8. Tried the reinstall in compatability mode for win7 and for vista, no difference. grabbed the pbsetup files from evenbalance and manually installed and updated....Still no joy, started looking for the PnkBstrA.exe file (I am set to search and view hidden and system files) it does not exist - so I am also stuck with no online access to these games!

Anyone got a solution worked out yet? I have a ticket in at evenbalance, but I believe that it is probably a futile waste of effort!

Keeper
heyjohnny

Download this http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe to a local file and run it as an administrator. Worked for me!

--Matt

Keeper
jompoo

can you explain e bit more specific mabey? cuz i have the same problem and i'm about to kill someone