ACCOUNT HACKED AND NEW SECURITY QUESTION IN RUSSIAN!!!???

by mi1stormilst

Original Post

Re: ACCOUNT HACKED AND NEW SECURITY QUESTION IN RUSSIAN!!!???

★★★ Newbie

April 2015

I'm having the same problem. 

My origin name is changed and security question is in Russian.

Message 11 of 14 (751 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Check out the solution @robertengberg 

Message 12 of 14 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just had the same issue. The first tech support agent I chatted with was no help at all. I just move to where I am now and I do not have a phone. But the agent insisted that I MUST call tech support to recover my account.

I wasn't please and left a very nasty review of my experience.

After cooling down for twenty minutes I tried chatting with another agent. This experience was much more favorable.

It took about an hour but my account was restored. I have now enabled Two Factor Authentication on my account. I have also emailed the Security Team of EA and Origin about this hacking attempt in which the hacker tried to make several purchases on my credit card through EA and Origin. Thankfully they all failed because that card was expired and I didn't update the information.

I know that your case goes back to 2013. Mine happened today (11/15/2018). Apparently this Russian person is at it again. My advice to anyone on EA and Origin, enable Two Factor Authentication and secure your account. In my case it was a EA tech support person who helped this Russian person to hack into my account. I have copies of the Chat between the tech support agent and the Russian Hacker.

I hope that you were able to resolve your hacking issue.

Message 13 of 14 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

For account issues and details that need to be changed it's not something we can help with on AHQ and something you need to reach out to our game advisors on EA support.

How to get in contact with EA support: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

/Atic

Message 14 of 14 (362 Views)