Help with 2142 for win10

by malikite009

Original Post

Help with 2142 for win10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So im seeing alot of post online stating that BF2142 is compatible with win10. Here's my take down and history so far...

First and foremost Im a huge battlefield head since the early stuff on pc and consoles. so im well familiar with the gameplay and the vast fun you can have with ppl online and with friends. 2142 is by far my Favorite in the series and when gamespy shutdown, i was hurt. Lucky there was a strong enough community and team to bring the game back to life (thanks deathlock) and kept me and others continuing the fight! I had 2142 installed on win 8.1 and it worked flawlessly with the mod and everything... So recently i upgraded to a bigger, stronger notebook with win10. I used the same method i used when installing 2142 on the new laptop. I followed the same instructions from the "reclamation" mod. I launch from desktop and 1/2 the screen goes black(like it would normally do when starting up the game on any OS) then crashes with an error code. forgot the code it listed since it was about a month ago. I go to the main .exe properties and tried all the compatibility modes from xp to 8.1 and the same crash happens all the time(SAME way same code) I gave up after a weekend of countless hours of research and reinstalling, patching etc... I forgot to point out that used the retail cd to install 2142. I don't see how that would matter coz that's how i installed it on 8.1. ive seen online post where they mention installation from the deluxe version so idk. SOO im just stuck here and dont know what else to try....

PLZ ANYONE. HELP!!!... i'd appreciate any info that points me in the right direction. I truely missing the dogfights on highway tampa!

Message 1 of 1 (842 Views)