How about bringing old games back ?

by hellocomrade1980

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How about bringing old games back ?

★★★★★ Newbie

When ı was a kid ı remember the time ı started playing Battlefield 1942 ı had all of the packs of it Secret weapons and road to rome , and battlefield 1942 wasnt the only battlefield game ı had, ı had battlefield vietnam but game had some problems and ı couldnt play it , time passed and ı forgot about those games and threw it to trash.

ı was watching battlefield videos before this and ı saw a video about battlefields history when it started ı saw battlefield 1942 and my childhood memories came back ı started to search

battlefield 1942 ı found it on origin but problem accured and ı saw the news about the servers shutting down.

Well ı dont want the servers to open back but ı want the games to come back ı remember half of the time ı was playing singleplayer can we get Battlefield 1942, Road to Rome, Secret weapons of WW2, Battlefield vietnam,Battlefield 2 ( I didnt tell that ı played battlefield 2 to make this short), and Dlc's of battlefield 2 back ?

it would be awesome to play old battlefield games again ı dont want servers but ı want the game,

ım not saying you should do this immidaintly and ım not forcing you guys to get them back but it would be great if you guys bring the game back

Thanks.

and my english is not good

Message 1 of 6 (1,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How about bringing old games back ?

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @hellocomrade1980

It is always good to see how passionate our players are about the older Battlefield games and the whole franchise. Although there are currently no plans on bringing those titles back to Origin, it is definitely a great idea. I will forward your post to our marketing team to consider. What do you think of the latest installment in the series? Have you played Battlefield 1? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,364 Views)

All Replies

Hello @hellocomrade1980

It is always good to see how passionate our players are about the older Battlefield games and the whole franchise. Although there are currently no plans on bringing those titles back to Origin, it is definitely a great idea. I will forward your post to our marketing team to consider. What do you think of the latest installment in the series? Have you played Battlefield 1? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My computer cant handle battlefield 1 but when ı get a new pc ım gonna buy battlefield 1 and max the graphics

thanks for responding ı hope marketing team will add old battlefield games soon

Message 3 of 6 (1,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree.

1942 was really good and BF2 was my favoirte game built to date. 

I don't like BF1 at all. It's gone away from BF's roots IMO. I wish i could get my money back on it. 

BF3 & 4 are very good. I believe i have over 300 hrs on 3 and over 500 on 4. I still actively play 4  5-10 hrs a week I'd say. 

But I think re-visiting BF2 could do a lot for the franchise. In fact, I'm trying to re-install it now. There are still quite a few people who play it. https://www.gametracker.com/search/bf2/

Cheers, 

-Dirk

Message 4 of 6 (1,191 Views)

Thanks @HARv379 and @hellocomrade1980 for your feedback. I can`t speculate on the future on Battlefield franchise, but I was really surprised by the Battlefield 1 setting. It is far too yearly to talk about the future, but I guess anything can happen. 

Why @HARv379 you are disappointed by Battlefield 1? It is a rare thing, so to say, most players, myself included, enjoying the game`s fast paced gameplay and great graphics.

Archi.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,176 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Archi wrote:

Thanks @HARv379 and @hellocomrade1980 for your feedback. I can`t speculate on the future on Battlefield franchise, but I was really surprised by the Battlefield 1 setting. It is far too yearly to talk about the future, but I guess anything can happen. 

Why @HARv379 you are disappointed by Battlefield 1? It is a rare thing, so to say, most players, myself included, enjoying the game`s fast paced gameplay and great graphics.

As a Battlefield 1 Premium player and one who has put in countless hours into Battlefield 3 and 4, still nothing can compare to the online play I miss from Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for Xbox and PS2. The maps, the well rounded game play, the community, the full team chat and fact that it wasn't flashy, it was just a solid shooter with very few draw backs. Being a game changer for first person shooters online, it is heart breaking to see it sitting on my game shelf collecting dust while even Halo 2 has been revived through the remastered Master Chief Collection. Even that isn't the same, but we can still play on Lockout and Ascension with players online again.

I personally love Battlefields 3 and 1. I'm a level 86 on Battlefield 1 and have been enjoying the current DLC. But I will say, as I said on the other post in this thread, that the $50 I spent on Premium is very comparable to what I'd pay to bring this 'old game' back to online play. There is a large enough base of players including outside of the United States who have, like I did again today, searched the forums, YouTube video comments and corners of the internet to find if there is any possible way to play this game. It is not just a 'grass is greener' nostalgia of the past, it truly was a fantastic game and to see it rust out completely into history is just a shame considering how many people played it until the last day. 

What would I like to see? I would love to see a reverse compatibility or emulation of this game in the community. I don't think a remaster would work well. So much has changed in the 13 or so years since this game was put out and modern expectations of first person shooters can change the fidelity of the game. As for releasing the code into the community, what does EA possibly have to lose by satisfying paying customers? Let's be honest, EA doesn't have the best reputation among long time gamers and a good move for them could go a long way. I for one, did not purchase a DLC from an EA game until last year because of my dissatisfaction with things such as this, customer service and releasing incomplete games and expecting gamers to pay upwards of $100-$120 for a game. 

Being someone who has payed and played Battlefield since 2004, I think I can speak for many that to bring back this game would go a very long way for us and our business with EA products. That's never a bad thing for you. Of all online games I have ever played, BF2MC is my all time favorite and I would pay money to see it come back. 

Message 6 of 6 (949 Views)