[Battlefield 2] I can't log into Battlefield 2 on my Origin Account

by mpjester

Original Post

Re: [Battlefield 2] I can't log into Battlefield 2 on my Origin Account

★ Novice

same thing here... really mad about it...

Message 11 of 15 (3,097 Views)

Re: [Battlefield 2] I can't log into Battlefield 2 on my Origin Account

★ Novice

me too , searching the hole internet and waisting my limitet time!

Message 12 of 15 (2,570 Views)

Re: I can't log into Battlefield 2 on my Origin Account

★★★ Newbie

Try resetting your account here http://www.gamespyid.com/ worked for me still have all my old medals and unlocks, hope this helps

Message 13 of 15 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That Gamspy link is no longer available. Looks like I have to do this the old school way and completely uninstall and reinstall...fml

Message 14 of 15 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Correct,  the gamespy link no longer works.  IGN (owner of gamespy)  shut down gamespy services several years ago now.

You can still play Battlefield 2 offline in single player but it will require that you delete or remove your online account inside BF2,

and create a single player offline account.

Now let me be clear,  I do not mean delete your Origin account.  This is totally separate.  You see, you have to understand your BF2 

account was originally a gamespy account which no longer exists.  When it says the "Connection to the server was refused"  it's because

it is trying to connect to the GAMESPY server which no longer exists and is not part of EA.  

You can't even play BF2 online in EA's version which was free to play, as EA has saw fit to shut that game down as well as shown here:

https://www.facebook.com/bfplay4free

Basically Battlefield 2 is officially dead as a online multiplayer game......... I will surely miss this game, as well as the free to play one as I played it as well.

Here is a thought EA,  update BF2 to current graphics,  keep the original game play,  re-release it as a classic or gold edition,

(with gamespy totally removed from the equation of course, where only your EA login is required)  and let us the players have our fun.

Message 15 of 15 (1,266 Views)