Re: Battlefield 2 Complete Collection DVD (Retail) Install without DVD-drive

by Tekkiebekkie

Original Post

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection DVD (Retail) Install without DVD-drive

★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

I have a hardcopy of battlefield 2: complete collection, it's a one dvd retail version.

Since i dont have an optical drive for playing DVDs at my pc anymore, I can't install it.

Is there any solution, like a legal download, or preferably via Origin?

I have contacted an Origin help chat, but they couldnt help me convert it to an Origin version.

Is it still possible to convert it to an Origin version and have I contacted the wrong help chat?

Or has it become impossible to add/convert this retail license to my Origin account?

I dont even really care about those expansions, being able to download/install the base game of BF2 is fair enough for nostalgia puposes :P

Message 1 of 4 (1,572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Tekkiebekkie!

Even if you would able to convert it in a digital version you won't be able to play since official server are down.

There's a solution: www.battlelog.co it's called "project revive" and it allows you to download and keep playing Battlefield 2/2142

Give it a look!

Regards

Se il post di qualcuno ti è stato d'aiuto, lascia un punto XP ➕
Se il post di qualcuno ha risolto il problema, ricordati di segnarlo come soluzione affinchè altri possano trarne aiuto. ✔

Message 2 of 4 (1,531 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the workaround. I have heared of it before. I like to be able to install it from origin since almost all games i have are in there.

I will be able to play it though, since i want to play it with friends via LAN or Hamachi network using a dedicated server.

Message 3 of 4 (1,526 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They are now able to link it to Origin accounts again, problem solved Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,459 Views)