[PS3] Battlefield 1943 still working?

by Guguh_Justo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PS3] Battlefield 1943 still working?

★★ Novice

Hi EA

A few days ago I was searching for new games in PS store and I saw BF1943 that still for sale. I downloaded the trial version, but the servers are all empty, I was alone in the room.
This happened because I was using the trial version? If I buy the game I can play normally with full servers? The servers of this game still online?
I'm really interested in this game, but I won't pay for a game that I couldn't play

Message 1 of 9 (14,740 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS3] Battlefield 1943 still working?

Community Manager

@Guguh_Justo

The only problem I foresee is if your ping times are too high which could cause matchmaking issues, other than that you should be fine.

As for when the servers could be shut down I recommend you monitor http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates as any upcoming shutdowns will be notified to players there.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (18,643 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Guguh_Justo

The PS3 servers for this game are still active and players are on there currently.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (14,697 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry So I can buy it and play normally? I'm happy with the answer hahahah.
Maybe there is some "lock region", or the brazilian players don't usually play this game, and that's why the server was empty. I'm brazilian and I played the trial version on my brazilian psn. Thankfully, I have another psn account from other country (european one).
Do you have any prevision when the servers will be shut down?

Message 3 of 9 (14,693 Views)

Community Manager

@Guguh_Justo

The only problem I foresee is if your ping times are too high which could cause matchmaking issues, other than that you should be fine.

As for when the servers could be shut down I recommend you monitor http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates as any upcoming shutdowns will be notified to players there.

barry.png
Message 4 of 9 (18,644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello! A LOT of people play this game, actually. There are very active facebook forums with over 500 members. I personally know of 4 brazilians who play this game, I suspect there are many more but those are the ones I've met/interacted with. Make sure you're using the full version, not just the trial/demo. Once you pay the $10 you can join the multiplayer by clicking on "quick match".  Hope you keep at it, enjoy!

-EPN Vixen

Message 5 of 9 (14,433 Views)

★★ Novice

@E_P_N_Vixen wrote:

Hello! A LOT of people play this game, actually. There are very active facebook forums with over 500 members. I personally know of 4 brazilians who play this game, I suspect there are many more but those are the ones I've met/interacted with. Make sure you're using the full version, not just the trial/demo. Once you pay the $10 you can join the multiplayer by clicking on "quick match".  Hope you keep at it, enjoy!

-EPN Vixen

I bought the game a few months ago and I met some brazilians too hahaha.

When I downloaded the trial version, the maps were always empty, but now that I bought it I can play normally with full servers, and I'm rly enjoying it. Anyway, tnks for advise 

Message 6 of 9 (14,424 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The PS3 servers are still up in November 2017!!!!!  Light traffic but that's good for me lol.

Message 7 of 9 (9,807 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm thinking about buying the game, are there still people currently playing this game?
Message 8 of 9 (7,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yup on PS3

Message 9 of 9 (4,815 Views)