Battlefield 1943 server down again?

by kljlmr

Original Post

Battlefield 1943 server down again?

★ Novice
Is the server down again? It says "failed to connect to ea online" when we click on "quick match" on our xbox 360.
Message 1 of 10 (1,021 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1943 server down again?

★★★★★ Newbie
Same here I just get a message that screams THE CONNECTION WITH EA WAS LOST I'm in Texas, USA pleasereerjfijrowje HELP
Message 2 of 10 (1,010 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@kljlmr @teenbrat1 Still having this issue?

Message 3 of 10 (993 Views)

★ Novice
Mine came back up soon after I posted the first msg. It's been happening more often the past 1-2 months though.
Message 4 of 10 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yes
Message 5 of 10 (981 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@teenbrat1 Can you add more exact info on what is happening.

Message 6 of 10 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
After I press start it goes to the main menu usually there is a button for air superiority but that is always missing and when I press quick match it just says connecting and then that box goes away and another box appears displaying the words FAILED TO CONNECT TO EA ONLINE but I play mass effect 3 a lot and I connect perfectly with that game
Message 7 of 10 (964 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Try this on your internet modem / router and let me know if this solved your issue. It helped my internet connection at home a lot.

1) Log into your modem / router
2) Turn OFF UPNP.
3) Turn off PC UPnP Service
4) Press: Windows-button a window should pop up. Write: services.msc then press enter.
5) In the list of services, scroll down to UPnP Device Host click it and press Stop service. Now do the same thing but with the service & SSDP Discovery
6) Exit the window and go to control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings under network discovery, select to turn off network discovery then Save your changes

Please also enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Message 8 of 10 (960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Teenbrat explained the exact same thing that I am experiencing and it is happening again right now.
Message 9 of 10 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same issue here. Battlefield 1943 keeps reporting "Failed to connect to EA Online" This has been going on for about five days.

Nothing has changed here and all other services, including EA services for games like FIFA are working well.

XBox 360.

All ports are open on the router.

Problem happens when trying to use Quick Play or Play with Friends option.

My router log indicates requests to the ea online servers are not receiving a reply.

Please fix the server!

(moved to new thread)

Message 10 of 10 (926 Views)