Battlefield 1943 not connecting again!

by Capt666

Original Post

Battlefield 1943 not connecting again!

★★★ Newbie

1943 is not connecting to EA online again! is anyone working on this? and how long before it is back online?

Message 1 of 8 (2,313 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1943 not connecting again!

Community Manager (retired)

I will provide you several workarounds, please accept as a solution if one of following steps helped you to solve this issue. If not, please respond that we can look for other possible solutions.

Please powercycle your router by unplugging it from the power-source for at least 15 seconds.

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 8 (2,219 Views)

★ Novice
There is no title update file for battlefield 1943
Message 3 of 8 (2,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had intermittent failures to connect for many months, but now I cannot make any connection !

Tried "powercycle" my router in excess of one minute.

Tried deleting Battlefield from my console and reinstalling it (twice).

Tried:

From the dashboard, click on My Xbox. [ selected 'settings' ]

Select System Settings. [ selected 'System' ]

Select Storage.

Highlight Hard Drive Device.  [ highlighted 'Hard Drive' ]

Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.

Then rebooted my console

COMPLETE FAILURE

Still getting the message "Failed to connect to EA online.

I do not have a "Title Update File" on my Xbox to delete so am unable to try your last solution.

I have access to two xboxes and two gamertags - the problem on both occurs at the same time so I don't think it is my Xboxes!

IT IS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR SERVER.

As I see from this Forum that the problem has been ongoing for many months (in excess of a year!) I know it's an old game and you have said in your conditions that you may withdraw the game at any time but surely you can see from your server that many people still like to play the game. Its an easy uncomplicated game to play, unlike Battlefield 3 & 4, so how about it EA invest a lot more effort in sorting out this problem otherwise I'm sure you will lose many previously dedicated fans.

I look forward (without holding my breath) to an early resolution to this ongoing major issue. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice
HELLO?? DO THE REPS ECEN TRY TO OFFER HELP ON THIS ANYMORE? THE ISSUE IS WITH EA SO THE CUT AND PASTE CONNECTION ISSUES TROUBLESHOOTING DOES NOT APPLY
Message 5 of 8 (1,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

+1 Thumbs Up

YES... HELLO? Your game isn't working, in that myself, and a great many others, are unable to play this game.

I checked, this title is still for sale on the XBox live marketplace, and is not listed on the game servers to be discontinued in the near future.

So what's the deal? These cookie cutter responses aren't cutting it. We paid money for this! If this forum is ultimately being ignored, to whom do we complain?

Message 6 of 8 (1,934 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yet again "failed to connect to EA online" the arrogance of EA just ignoring so many people on here asking for help is just staggering
Message 7 of 8 (1,917 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Just started the process of fighting with Microsoft for a refund of the game and my live subscription since this game was all that was keeping that active.

I cannot believe the deafening silence from EA
Message 8 of 8 (1,913 Views)