[INFORMATION] Origin version BF1942 won't launch

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[INFORMATION] Origin version BF1942 won't launch

Community Manager (retired)

As some of you guys reported that you are not able to launch the Origin version of BF1942, we started to collect some data here in this topic.

Please keep in mind that we will update you about or investigation as soon as we have some news.

We would need some data from you to investigate this issue:

- Operation system

- General PC specs

- If you are using more than 1 Origin account on the same PC

- If it was the first time you are playing BF1942 or if the issue happened after a new installation of Origin or BF1942

- Workarounds you already tried

Thanks for your help guys, it makes us a lot easier to analyze issues with your provided data.

Cheers

Basti

Message 42 of 210 (16,304 Views)

Battlefield 1942 won't launch

★ Novice

Hi everyone! So me and my friends have downloaded Battlefield 1942 for free on Origin, but there is a problem, the game won't launch. For all of us. When we select Battlefield 1942 and press the Launch game button, Origin says that the game is launching, but nothing happens after the notice disapears.

Can anyone of you help us out with this problem? Thanks! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 210 (17,038 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1942 won't launch

Community Manager (retired)

Get sure that you are running Origin and BF1942 as administrator. Depending on your version of Windows, it might help to use the Windows compatibility mode. Do you have some details about your system? Especially your DXDIAG would help us a lot to get a bit more insight for investigation.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 210 (16,990 Views)

★ Novice

done all that wont work for me help

Message 3 of 210 (16,982 Views)

★ Novice

Yea, I am another with the same problem. Downloaded to 2 different laptops and same problem. Both laptops running Win7-64bit Pro/Ult with

2Gig Video RAM, 4GIG System RAM - Heaps HDD space. BF3 runs works as does BFH.

Hope this can be resolved.

thanks

OlMogy ...

Message 4 of 210 (16,971 Views)

Battlefield 1942 won't start

★★★ Novice

So, I just got an Origin account because I saw that my childhood love Battlefield 1942 was free. So I -running Windows 7 32 bit-  installed Origin, downloaded and installed BF 42, and when I click the play button the window pops up saying 'launching game' and then the window vanishes, my mouse has the loading icon beside it for a second, then nothing. No game, no nothing. This is the second computer I've installed Origin and BF 42 on, and I'm getting irked by this. Any help?

Message 5 of 210 (16,577 Views)

Re: Battlefield 1942 won't start

Community Manager

I've moved your thread from Battlefield 3 to Battlefield 1942. 

Could you please deactivate Origin In-game for Battlefield 1942 and then try again. If you are using the latest beta update for Origin, right-click Battlefield 1942 and select Game Properties -> Disable Origin In-game. If you are using the latest release version of Origin, click Application Settings in the main menu, go to Origin In-game and deactivate it or set it to recommended games.

Try again and let us know if that will make it work for you.

Message 6 of 210 (16,566 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all of the advice given, no result. 

Message 7 of 210 (16,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Damn EA, always released somthing that neva runs..

Message 8 of 210 (16,562 Views)

Community Manager

@k0ntrakkiller01 wrote:

Damn EA, always released somthing that neva runs..

Well, Battlefield 1942 is running fine on my Windows 7 64bit computer here and Windows 8 64bit at home, so we need to figure out what is preventing you from starting the game.
Could you please try this: https://help.ea.com/article/what-can-i-do-if-i-get-a-black-screen-when-i-start-battlefield-1942

Message 9 of 210 (16,559 Views)